Loose Rear End (Ooerr)

WallerZ

Morning all,

I have done circa 800 miles in the Zero and found the rear end to be very jittery on supposedly smooth dual carriageways/motorways at ~70mph. Just cruising there feels to be a bit of wobble/minor tank slapper coming from the rear of the car. To add to this, acceleration feels the car pulling slightly to the left whereas off throttle deceleration the car pulls right a bit more aggressively.

Now I've already checked tyre pressures to see if they're equal and wound off the brake calipers to ensure there is nothing dragging yet still have the problem. Nothing seems to be loose or wobbly when I jack the end up and shake things and all the fittings in the rear appear to be tight and unmoved.

Is there something I am missing or could this issue be coming from something wrong at the front of the car instead making slight steering inputs making it feel like the rear is going? In Wales the front was very skittish through the lanes but softening the front dampers has helped that along. Does it sound like a decent geometry session is required or something more sinister on its way out?

Cheers,

Edit to add: Had these issues before my driveshaft went into retirement and doesn't feel any different with the spacer fix.

Edited by WallerZ

Don't understand how GBS can not share that information? Do they expect every zero owner to go to them whenever they need allignment?

Personally I'd go to procomp, they are very well respected for setting up these type of cars and bonus is they are local.

• Like 1