Lincolnshire Meet For February

alanrichey

Sorry it's been quiet for the last few weeks but I was in hospital having an operation. Almost back to normal now, certainly well enough to drive the Superspec. Looking at the weather, this Sunday (26th) is not looking too bad so if the rain holds off I think I will potter along and take a picnic lunch to the Newark Autojumble Show - http://www.newarkautojumble.co.uk (Does what it says on the tin, lots of stalls, both amateur and professional, for car-related 'bits')

For those not familiar with this monthly event, it is held at the Newark Showground (NG24 2NY). Entrance fee is £7/head (Under 12s free) and £5 if you come in a kit car (+£7 for a passenger) So it's cheaper than a pub lunch :)

There are 2 entrances, one for tintops and one for classic/unusual/kit cars. They are shown on the attached map (From past experience, if it is busy it is quicker and easier to come in from the South to the East of the Showground rather than the via the A46 even if you are in a tintop)

image_zpssmeoly0e.jpg

I'll probably aim to get there about 11:00 if anyone fancies a day out. I'll make a final decision on Saturday and post it here.

Al

Edited by alanrichey

You didn't miss much :) Although it was huge, like all jumble sales 90% of the stuff was junk, although if you were looking for a specific part you might be lucky. And they seemed to interpret the term 'autojumble' a bit loosely (carved wooden animals?). Life is so much easier sitting in an armchair with a laptop and E-Bay. Lots of 'classic' cars there, although I was the only 'Lotus 7' type.

And while it didn't rain, it was overcast and cold and windy. The drive there and back (which was the main object of the exercise of course) was OK going North, with a tail wind, but coming back South was absolutely brutal, with the crosswinds on the A17 trying to blow me off the road and despite having 4 layers of clothes, a neck wrap and a woolly hat with flaps, the bitterly cold wind just right cut through them.

No more cobwebs though :) And the car seemed to like it.

For future reference, if anyone goes over the next months, they have closed the extra gate I designated on the map. Now you go in the same gate as everyone else but go right to the far end and follow the signs for 'Classics'.

Edited by alanrichey