3 replies to this topic

#1 sorme

sorme

Builder

• RHOCaR 17
  • 13 posts
  • Car type:not bought one yet

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

Just bought a set of 13" minotaur (minilite style) for my s7 only to find they catch on the hand brake cable spring, looked on a locost site and someone had the same problem and was told that reduce the spring size and they fit then,plus also a 6mm spacer does the job as well,anyone know where to purchase the springs? Anyone had the same problem and got round it another way?

#2 Alantoon

Alantoon

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 357 posts
  • Car type:Robin Hood 3a.Robin Hood S7 Dolomite Sprint

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:01 PM

A couple of questions, what back brakes are you running?, and what offset ET number are the wheels. Most ford cars have run with 13inch wheels at some stage so I can't understand why you are having a problem. A photo would be useful.

#3 sorme

sorme

Builder

• RHOCaR 17
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

Hi running capilers at the back(pretty sure standard sierra),not sure on the ET number,wheels came off a caterham, whether they use a smaller caliper,Just got a pair of 10mm spacers to try to see if it clears,so (weather permitting) will have another look over the weekend and try to get some pictures

#4 sorme

sorme

Builder

• RHOCaR 17
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

Just been out to the shed to look at the wheels they don't have no ET stamped on them,only thing I can see is on 3 spokes is "01 02 03 "not even a name, thought they were minotaurs!must be a replica of a replica .