Wales Weekend Fri 10Th To Sun 12Th August 2018

richyb66

There's still a couple of months to go before this event so I've moved this to events for any non-club members who wish to join us. As long as you come in a kit and are prepared to pestered at every opportunity to join the club, you'll be made to feel most welcome.

If you've got any questions just ask or send me a pm.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would give you an update on the Wales Trip.

Two adults and two children have signed up to do Pony Trekking on FRIDAY 10 August. This is taking place at Bwlchgwyn Farm, Fairbourne, Gwynedd LL39 1BX. Tel: 01341 250 107. We are booked in for 12 noon and the trek starts at 12.30. The cost is £35 for a novice beach ride (me) and £50 for an experienced ride. We are all in the same group just splitting up during the beach experience. If anyone else is interested just call the number above and book yourself in (mention Jackie Pipkin – I spoke to Gemma). The trek is approximately 2 hours. I am travelling up Friday morning separately from the Robin Hoods and meeting the others en route. http://www.bwlchgwynfarm.co.uk/index.php/horse-riding/pony-trekking

On Sunday 12 Aug – We are looking at doing the Fforest Coaster Ride at Betws y Coed. They have timeslots on every hour and we are going to try and book on to the 12 noon session. This cost is £20.00 pp for 3 rides (9 yrs plus) or a shared sledge is £30.00 for 3 rides. This gets booked up very quickly so if anyone is interested in doing this can you either go on their website and book yourself in or let Richard know and he will do a block booking.

If you don’t fancy the Fforests Coaster they have other activities there and they’ve got details on the website. I fancy the Tree Tops Zip course (hate heights but I’d give it a go). https://www.zipworld.co.uk/adventure/fforest-coaster

We will try and firm up the menu choices for the Saturday afternoon / evening food later this week and get them posted so people can let us know what they want .

Thanks to everyone who's expressed an interest in the Forest Coaster. As it looks like a big group, I'll try and book it on Monday so if anyone else wants to be included in the booking please let me know by the end of tomorrow.

• Like 1

Looks like we are going to have an enjoyable Sunday with the Fforest Coaster ride. Its gone down well. We shall need to arrive by 12.15 for our 1pm timeslot so a leisurely drive over to look forward to. We have managed to get a 15% discount so £17.00 for a single sledge and £25.50 for a shared sledge if my calculations are correct.

Food for the Saturday.

Once again this is at the Canolfon Prysor Centre on the Trawsfynydd Lake. The format, to keep it simple, is the same as last year. They have a note of dietary requirements so will cater accordingly.

Cost £10.50 per person – (child portions can either be done from the choices below at £6.00ish or there is a childrens menu with the usual stuff which they can do on the day –If you need to know the exact child menu choices we will post them up We don’t need to know adult choices just yet so plenty of time to have a think but will need to know a couple of weeks before.

Lasagne

Sausage Egg Chips

Ham Egg Chips

Beef & Ale Pie with gravey

Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie with gravy

To follow

Fruit Crumble with custard (apple and blackberry I think)

Cheese Cake with cream

Ice Cream