Drag Racing At Santa Pod

theduck

I've mentioned to a few people that I intend to do some visits to Santa Pod next year, and there have been some positive sounding replies from other people who might be interested. I've been looking at the Santa Pod website and they have various options we could look at, these include:

Single day events: These are 9:30am - 5pm, costs £10 entrance (under 16s are free for those wanting to bring kiddies along to watch) and then £25 sign on fee if you want to go drag racing.

Saturday night specials - These are 2 day events that have drag racing all day both days and go up to 8pm on the saturday night. You also get free camping thrown in for the saturday night. So people could do the whole weekend and camp or just do a single day. Cost wise its the same £10 entrance fee per day, but drag racing costs are slightly different. All day pass 9:30am-8pm is £30, 9:30 to 4:30 is £25 and 5pm-8pm is just £10.

On some dates they an also offer club bookings at no extra cost which gets us our own club area, a meeting room if we want it and reserved tables for lunch which we could look at if we get enough definite attendees.

So, whose up for it? Add your name to the list and once we have an idea of how many people are interested and whether the preference is a full weekend, single day etc I'll sort some dates.

more details are here http://www.rwyb.co.uk/

1) Stuart

2) Dan

3) Keith

4) zach

5) deanrudkin

6) Kevin booth

7) jez

8 ) Kevin the chicken

9) Bob Tucker

10) daveR

11) lotuspaul

Edited by theduck

Just a heads up.....

For open top cars, you must have arms covered.....

You must wear a crash hat

You MUST wear arm restraints.....

Luckily they can be bought from here....seriously!!

http://www.mothercare.com/harnesses/mothercare-adjustable-wrist-link/450926.html?CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=37668367288&CATCI=pla-320746809007&cm_mmc=Google-_-Pushchair%20Accessories-_-MC-UK-G-Shopping-Pushchairs-Accessories//-_-+-+&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&gclid=CIaF8_Pr9NACFcGfGwodRTMN6Q

Instructions will follow...

I will be at the Pod with Ray & the Vette for several events, but I will also try to join club events there if at all possible

in the Hood.

Sadly, still no buyer for it.... :)

Ray will be attending a few RWYBs early in the year for shakedown runs.

At RWYBs you can take passengers if the have the same safety equipment as the driver.

Edited by Bob Tucker
  • Like 2

Guest Tim Norman

To me, I read that as written permission from swmbo to build my own charger and buy a t5 gearbox!!

I looked at the T5 box but the £5k price tag put me off a tad, even as an early Christmas present.

Base on trying to do this a previous year, I would not recommend booking/paying in advance due to unpredictable weather. I was going to do it this year by putting 3 dates together and get every one interested to pencil them in. Then just see what the weather is like and book the day before or something.

If date 1 is no good we aim for date 2 and so on!

Our previous visit got rained off ( they gave us a voucher to go back) but was still disappointing.