Gbs Xmas Do Thingy 13/12/2014

Andi

In Leics we are having our xmas meal in the evening. I thought we could make a day of it and do the factory run first, then Sh, Sh and Shave and out for the meal in the evening.

Anyone else going to the factory?

10am - 2.30 pm

Great British Sports Cars Ltd

Maun Way

Boughton

Ollerton

Nottinghamshire

NG22 9ZD

Tel: 01623 860990

Fax: 01623 860998

Andi

Edited by Andi

Hope to ... will be up at 'Brownhills Motorhomes' Thursday night, Friday and Friday night - with the motorhome - and will try to visit GBS on Saturday, on the way home. Never had the opportunity to visit there before, shame I won't have my 'hoodie' with me though!

• 2 weeks later...

well me and andi braved the sub zero temp and made it to gbs that's after we stopped off for breakfast the journey home seemed to be colder and we came across a road that was comletley frozen over only found this out when mine and andi car nearly became one phewww

well me and andi braved the sub zero temp and made it to gbs that's after we stopped off for breakfast the journey home seemed to be colder and we came across a road that was comletley frozen over only found this out when mine and andi car nearly became one phewww

Satnav took us down a country lane on the way back. I should have turned round when I saw permanent signs saying "caution Ice" it got so bad the road was eventually blocked off. At this point it must have took 1/4 mile to stop. Most unnerving. Then during a Tractor detour the car was slipping all over the place even when going in a straight line with no revs. That went on for miles and im surprised we got back. Never again, not in the kit, not down icy country lanes. It was so close to suicide, it must be the driving version of "self harming".

Andi