A 'different' Superspec For Sale

alanrichey

Just seen Item 263075212584 on E-Bay. selling a diesel-powered Superspec 'Zero'. I sent a message to the seller questioning his use of the word 'Zero' and got this reply back:

"Mine was bought of gbs as they took over in 2006 mine was bought in 2008 I've spoken with rbs they've told me it's the superspec zero and they helped build it as there less than a mile from me the zero took over the earlier rb2 and s7 thanks"

RBS ? RB2 ? has anyone heard of them ? I thought they were typing errors but since tI asked the question he has updated the page with the statement

"Just to clarify this is a zero not the older and cheaper RB2 OR S7 RBS TOOK OVER IN 2006 THIS KIT WAS BOUGHT IN 2008 THANKS

As it was bought in 2008 maybe it was an old kit that GBS issued as an early zero ?

Fascinating stuff.

that's chipfatflier's car, a veg oil burner that dumped its coolant at barkstone heath one year. Definitely a 2b/superspec type car.

• Like 1

I think that car is a later "superspec" that came with no engine. I remember it being built and registered. If you look at the spare wheel cover, then search for "chipfatflier" you may get more info.

HTH

Nick

Guest ArthRev

Has it been taken off eBay? couldn't find it, just the two yellow ones

ours successfully completed its second track day at Kendrew Barracks on saturday - 189 miles now and running fabulously, couple of spins and a nasty lock up but it scared the Sccobies!

Guest ArthRev

as it been taken off eBay? couldn't find it, just the two yellow ones

ours successfully completed its second track day at Kendrew Barracks on saturday - 189 miles now and running fabulously, couple of spins and a nasty lock up but it scared the Sccobies!

post-13858-0-77790600-1499685538_thumb.jpg

Edited by ArthRev