Pics Wanted Of Front Steering Arm Covers For Iva

magh

Thanks guys. Yes I ordered the ones from kitspares but have failed slightly on the fact I ordered 2 top joint ones and only 2 steering ones not the 4 as I can now see I need. Ill put a pic up shortly of my set up as Im wondering if its best to use another steering gaiter meeting the existing one which would cover the threaded barrel extender and its lock nuts then just the steering cover I have over the track rod end.

OR pop in to your local electrical wholesaler & ask for some gland covers for MICC cable or SWA cable

Florin is wearing the rubber spouts from the sunshine roof down-pipes on donor, IVA inspector queried where they came from due to the Ford logo.

Don't suppose much of your donor is still at home??

No dont have a donor left just some odd parts in boxes. I think Im going to try another steering gaitor abit like the cv boot corrugated type which should cover the majority then the cover I have from kitspares just for the end.

You're only trying to cover up the 'sharp' edges on the nuts and thread and the only requirement is that it is not easily removable (so no tape, for example). You could just happily use some bicycle inner tube and cable ties to hold it in place, if you wanted.

I used flexible drain pipe like this https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/9u8AAOSwz-5Zh3ni/s-l225.jpgIt's used on sink overflows and for cable tidy as well (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/cable-management-accessories/rabalder-cable-tidy-white-art-20281419/). It's been on there for 7 years without a problem. Just clips around doesn't even need any cable ties etc as it holds itself on.

I had longer extender/converter pieces made as i didn't like the RH ones as the threads were slack so the pipe covers from the steering boot to the tre on my car.

B&Q, homebase etc etc are likely to stock it.

hth