Number Plates.

Guest Orange1982

Guest Orange1982

Just wondering who runs smaller number plates and if so how small i safe to go,i know their not legal but wana go smaller for looks etc. Thanks

Guest James24785

I've just bought some legal sized ones to get through my MOT, then I'll be switching to vinyl stick on for the front which will be made tiny to fit the lip below the grill

Rear will standard hieght, but cut down as much as possible so no spare plate each side of the number

Started with large number plate for IVA but then changed to small front one. Never been stopped by police, and on the weekend of Stoneleigh kit car show an unmarked police car towed me into a lay-by at which point two other unmarked police cars arrived and looked at the car. No issues, but all keen to know top speed!

I have a smaller plate on the front of mine and never had an issue. It also went through its last MOT with it. Perhaps the MOT tester has some leeway on the front plate?

Size wise I think it is about 12 inch by about 2.5/3 inch

Vinyl stick on numbers are definitely not legal. You'd be better off running with no plate on the front and one in the boot so you could claim it got caught on a speed bump. I think it depends on where you are whether you get pulled for number plate offences. Around here they rely on anpr a lot with traffic cars at junctions and dual carriageways and I think this is their main interest in standard number plates. Personally I couldn't be bothered with it, I put a proper one on and job done.

I got a 3/4 size stick on plate from ebay on top of the nosecone. "Proper" one kept getting knocked off, sir so I went with something is better than nothing and I no longer scatter number plates around the county ;) ;)

I have a vinyl plate on the nose.

Been like it for years and numerous mots and police pass by’s no problem but I’m not kidding myself as I know it’s definitely not legal and would just plead dumb to it at the roadside and hope for a wrist slap