Dole Money

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

a load of us were laid off last friday , so I thought I would go to my local job seekers to get my dole money like all those scum bags do, first thing I had to pay to park out side the job seekers, then when I went in a nice lady said "do I have an appointment" no I sad why do I need one? do you have access to the intent? yes I said , well you have to go on line to get an appointment to see one of the advisers just over there (pointing to the next desk) who were just sitting there doing nothing, can I see one now please, no you have to make an appointment😈😈😈😈😈😈

peter2b

it was about 25years ago when I was made redundant went to jobcentre apparently didn't qualify for JSA so I said wot if I go away and get some boot polish they didn't like this comment and I nether did receive any money a few months later was still without work tried claiming housing benefit didn't get that either young white English single male got no chance

not racist at all just seems to be to easy for some people to claim

I think if you have been in work then they make nearly impossible to claim because you are worker if you are a shirker and nether had a job well then you can just sit back and wait for the money to roll in

sorry to rant peter but a very touchy subject for me

Edited by tractor

Guest peter2b2002

I know last Time I tried to claim they told my I didn't qualify as I had missed some payment 2 years before, when I got back to the to say I was in intensive care in hospital at that time I was told the some one should have paid the class 2 and 4 for me,but like above I said I will wrap a towel round my head and claim I just got off a boat the looks and comment I got made my laugh

peter2b

Guest 2b cruising

Same as that Chris.

I had to retire at sixty through ill health.

Β£65 a week is all I could claim.

It took me a good couple of years to get things fully sorted, I had no assistance offered, no advice offered or given by any authority.

It was left totally up to me to research and find exactly what I was entitled to.

A stated earlier, I am not racest, just factual. Those facts have come through personal, sad and very frustrating experiences.

Rant completed. No more to say on the matter apart from sorry to hear your bad news on redundancy Peter. Hope you can get sorted quickly.

Edited by 2b cruising

Oh no,

Bad luck Pete and even worse luck having to sign on.

This is the way they are doing things now... ie online and telephone.

On the telephone you now have to speak to a robot for a while before talking to a person.

You will be allowed to claim JSA although it may be called contribution based JSA.

You will have to jump through a lot of hoops nowadays. ie

How much is the minimum you would work for ? They will then lower that by a lot

what sort of work are you looking for ? Engineer? They will then widen that to anything else

What sort of hours? They will modify that too

But you cant say ill do anything, any hours for any pay... Confusing eh?

Β 

If they think you are not trying hard enough to look for work, or are late for an appointment you will get your monies stopped or hugely cut for anything up to 2 years.

Β 

Or maybe you are in an area that is piloting the universal credit, in which case it would be much more confusing.

Β 

Hope you find something soon

Β 

Andi

you need to be advised by a professional don't know weather citizens advice will do this but jobcentre will no give you any information on how much you can claim or wot to claim

this is how new people to this country do it they have advice centres

for you peter it will be a lot easier just to get another job

Edited by tractor

I was told by consultant that i should be off work for min 2 years with what i do and said they would sign me off but as i dont know how to play system i wouldnt of been able to live makes me sick all the people who pretend to be permantly sick and know what they doing so claim everyting i know of people pretend there a bit sick in head they get a fortune off governent more than i do working and a disabilty car nothing wrong wi them they used to have bad back untii they stopped noting meant to genuine sick people

Edited by jaimo

Don't start me off. I used to have to deliver the dole money cheques before it was paid directly in to the bank. I had one little toe rag follow me around constantly asking if I had got his dole money until I told him to foxtrot Oscar and get a job. He said he wasn't well enough to work to which I replied you are well enough to wander around town all day drinking lager with your mates. I was nearly on the dole after that one.

We still have to deliver letters to people who are on some benefit or other and there are an amazing amount of them, very few with non English names. Most of the foreign nationals around here come to work and work very hard.

Hard luck on getting laid off, hope you get something soon. It makes your blood boil when you work hard nearly forty years like i have watching people who have no intention of ever working

Over the last 6 months, I have spent considerable time at Job Fairs held at numerous Job Centres local to me, fortunately not because I'm out of work but because the company I work for is on a recruitment-drive due to expansion.

Β 

The job seekers (or customers as the Job Centre refers them as) have to attend the job fairs, because if they don't, they get their benefits stopped. Out of the 600+ people that attend throughout each job fair day, I would guess there are only about 60 genuinely looking for work, the rest are just there because they have to be.

Β 

If I offer a job to a 'customer' and they accept it but then don't show up for work, they get their benefit payments sanctioned. This has happened more times than I care to count.

Β 

I've feel like heard every reason (genuine or excuse) under the sun as to why someone can't accept a job offer; 'I'm going to prison tomorrow', 'working hours clashes with my favourite program'...........

Β 

I'm sorry to hear of your circumstances. Whilst I would agree that the benefit system is currently failing badly, please take heart from the fact that the Job Centre Advisor's (that I've met) all seem really proactive in trying to find people work.......

Guest peter2b2002

just got a 1 day a week working on a farm doing a clean up for a wedding in a couple of week, a mate of his might need a hand with some young cattle next month, so not too bad during the summer, perkins might be re hiring in 2 month time(that's what the full time chaps recon)

Peter2

GOOD LUCK Peter

Β 

Been there got the "T" Shirt not allowed to put here my thoughts/actual events :rofl: :diablo:

Β 

Again Hope you manage something soon.

Β 

Retirement is easier but not at all what it is Cracked up to be or is it 2B.

Β 

Cheers :drinks:

Β 

Steve

:lazy:

Guest 2b cruising

Retirement is ok if you have enough to do.

Some say they just can't work out how they made time to actually go to work.

To any youngsters reading this, MAKE PRIVATE PENTION ARRANGEMENTS AS YOUNG AS YOU CAN AND AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AFFORD.

Add to that -- retire as early as possible -- you'll never have enough money that you think you need -- so give up the work struggle as soon as you think you can "get by" plus a little "rainy day " money.

I truly believe it is immoral, wrong and just downright stupid to allow people not to work. Yes there should be a "safety net" for people who loose their job through no fault of their own but it should only ever be enough to keep the wolf from the door. As a society we should be pushing and if required, forcing people to do the work that is offered to them. Training to do the work that is available should be made available and compulsory for claimants. If they have to move to do a job, they have to move. Anyone who refuses this work must get NO benefits what so ever. If we ever get to a situation where there is no more work for people in an area and my "must move" comment above is actually impractical then to earn "benefits" claimants must do something for society. Litter clearance, public space renovation, something along those lines. If there are truly jobs that cannot be filled by residents of the UK (I'm not convinced that is ever the case) then society should look at growing that skill-set internally and only allow temporary visa based immigration to fill the void.

Society does not "owe" anybody anything, people must "earn" both reward and a place in society.

• Like 1