Bike Carb Silicon Hoses

Guest DAVE1954

Guest DAVE1954

Hi in my last post, I had trouble getting my bike carbs to run properly,I've found the problem the silicon hoses are slipping off on the carb side,( not much lip for the jubilee clip to bite on) is there a nack of doing this, or can I buy extensions to go on to the carbs . Cheers. Dave. Ps. Zx6r carbs

Edited by DAVE1954

Just got push on carbs when doing up the jubilee clip and get the jubilee clip as close to the carbs as possible also I found pushing the hoses further onto the manifold so that carbs touch manifold stops any flex in hoses

Guest DAVE1954

Hi done exactly what your saying, tried the clips in all positions, but still slips off, maybe I'm over tightening them. I've just finished changing my engine from 1.6 to 2.0 pinto, piece of pi** was all running lovely but I've found this the hardest job they just keep on coming off, I even zipp tied pipes in position while I put the clips on , should be so easy really pi**ing me off .cheers Dave

I don't use the silicon hoses only the original bike rubber ones BUT I found I had to bracket the carb bank back to a manifold stud to take some of the weight. I haven't suffered with fuel level due to any increased vibration

I found it best to lay the carbs inlet side down and get a good look at the hoses as they are fitted - little bits of casting and/or throttle spindle can prevent the hose clips from fitting as close as possible to the end of the hose.

if you squint you can see them here;

engine.jpg

Edited by Fossett

Chris, I think it's a bit of belt and braces with me. I had the bank of carbs fall off just as was pulling into the driveway after a long fast run. Still don't know why as they were seated correctly and the Honda clips were nice and tight.

Rob

I fitted the original Yamaha rubbers to my R1 carbs, as they have a rib that locates in a groove on the inlet stub. Mind you I made my own inlet manifold with a groove to match the rubbers. I don't know if it is possible to cut a groove on a pre-made manifold.

These are what you need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/231025144330?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=41285909471&rlsatarget=pla-278687420363&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=1006867&device=c&campaignid=738225731&crdt=0

GPZ900 intake rubbers with clips.

Your carbs will always stay on. Got mine from a local bike breakers.

I had a 2b sliding pillar rock hard suspension set up and carbs were always coming off no matter what I did.

These will fit zx6 as that is what I had. And if you do have to pay up to £30 for a set, it`ll still be worth it once you get over the

"how can a bit of rubber cost that much" shock.

Some of my clips snapped after constantly taking the carbs on and off but I found some slightly slimmer than standard jubilees worked fine.

Andi

Guest DAVE1954

Hi cheers for the reply, it looks like I'm not the only one who has had this problem,I'm going down the road that Andy suggested original Kawasaki rubbers, just bought them off eBay, seems like the proper job. Cheers lads. Dave