Mot Emission Testing For Kit Cars

Big Jim

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MarkB

You were not close enough to Dans tent at Stonleigh, but if you were I think his emmisions might have caused an accident, or they might have been a result of an accident...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i was down wind of one of his emission blasts...... blimey.......it was badddddddddd :bad: :bad: :bad:

i was down wind of one of his emission blasts...... blimey.......it was badddddddddd :bad: :bad: :bad:

my arse a side (i blame king john and bbq burgers) robs car could cause an accident with his visual emissions when following him its like a james bond car you get to close and and he lets out his "smoke screen"

So my car is on an A plate and was sva'd in 2006 what mot test does it require ? the engine is 1983 1st reg was 1/9/2006 i'm confused now..

I think you require an HGV test on it Dan, it seemed as slow as a lorry Weds evening! :spiteful: :aggressive: :vava: :rofl:

Guest MarkB

So my car is on an A plate and was sva'd in 2006 what mot test does it require ? the engine is 1983 1st reg was 1/9/2006 i'm confused now..

standard test all the way baby... better ask Alan first, i would hate to be wrong

Guest Alan_builder

ok deep breath, the page you have kindly posted from the testers manual does not contradict anything that has been said, the point you are missing and seem to have a beef with is the Q plate factor.

always read a book from front to back, before you get to section 7.3 you have to read "Vehicle "first used" dates- application of test criteria". Now i trust a man of your reputed MOT system experience would have read/already known this information.

First Mark B please accept my unreserved apologies, I have now with some difficulty found and read the Qplate paragraph. The document says smoke only for all Q plates, so smoke only is the test.

The diagram I posted says to read page 1, unfortunately the document is not numbered so it is not clear if they mean page 1 of section 7.3 or page 1 of how to use the Manual. Why some of the spark emission criteria is embodied in how to use the Manual almost says it is left over from earlier revision of the document.

The really good news, if it's a new kit car or one able to have an age related plate, if you opt for a Q plate it's only a smoke test, no need for a cat or to worry about the emission test.

Guest Alan_builder

Hooray!!!!!!!! :clapping: :yahoo: :good: 8P :crazy: :give_rose: thank f--k for that, mower man

I do hope you are truly proud of your contribution to sorting out a problem!

Guest robinj66

The emissons levels will be whatever was applicable at the date of the SVA and should be printed on your V5C in section 3 "Special Notes" (which would have been taken from a code on the MAC). I know this because my SVA tester put the wrong code on the MAC and it took a lot of bother to get DVLA to change the emission figures on my logbook.

[For what it's worth, I would recommend that you take your V5C to the MOT as some local testers (East Kent) don't seem to understand the regs and apply the wrong levels]

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...