Stilton Run 2017

Derek

How about meeting up HERE, (postcode LE15 9BF) its a public road and its on our route out of Uppingham.

If we meet up there ready to depart at 11:00am sharp then we should not be there more than 15mins and should not upset the locals too much.

Following the same route as last year, ie both loops, we will have enough time to stop off at the farm shop for essential supplies then its the the run down to Stilton for lunch at 2:30pm.

Would it be " A good idea" for someone local to visit & gauge the locals views, before the event. Fore-warned is fore-armed & they may really like to know in advance so they can have a "private" viewing of the cars on the day.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clive

Hi all, I've just received an email from the organisers saying about registration for the event. I followed up just confirming they had mine and 'low and behold' they haven't got my registration - even though I have confirmation (33)....might be worth checking all is ok with yours.

(Makes no sense as why would they have my email if I hadn't registered).

Anyway, thought I would let you know.

Thanks, Clive

Odd, never had any trouble before. However, the ONLY thing you get by handing in your registration card is a pretty certificate to hang on the wall. Nothing at all to stop you doing the run anyway :)

I have had a reminder as well, which now resides in the junk box.

At a guess its a clerical foux pas, as Alan says don't worry about it, you have an entry number.

See you on 23rd.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 8 more sleeps to go.

I will be HERE, (postcode LE15 9BF) around 10:45 ready to depart at 11:00am sharp.

Following the same route as last year, ie both loops, we will have enough time to stop off at the farm shop for essential supplies then its the the run down to Stilton for lunch at 2:15pm.

Lunch payment....

I will ask the Bell to keep the bar bill separate from the lunch bill which will keep settling up time as stress free as possible!!!

When ordering drinks either at the bar or table please ask to have them added to the bar bill, thank you.

Here is the spread sheet for the menu choices.

No, I have not had time to go down there.

It is a public road, so as long as we don't make a nuisance of ourselves, ie parking over drives, revving engines etc, I cannot see a problem.