Finding Location Of My Old Robin Hood 3A A515Xlg

Narpsi

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could help us find the whereabouts of the kit car my dad built in 1999 the vehicle registration is A515xlg it was green and stainless and had lots of custom parts as my dad was a lazer cutter operator.

Any information of its where abouts would be much appreciated, would be really good to know it was still on the road and maybe see it at one of the kit car shows. Thanks. Simon

Guest 2b cruising

A phone call to Swansea might help.

With a little explanation and appreciative manner they did find the owner by name only of my old Marlin.

It might be different for you though with you not being the current owner of the car. I'm sure it's worth a go though.

Other than that Complete Kit Car mag might publish a little letter as Clasic Car mag do just that same thing.

If you have an old photo it would probably help to get it published in the mag. It would also help members on here to recognise it. The old saying of " a picture is worth 1000 words " really does apply.

Edited by 2b cruising

The letter to the kit car magazine is your best bet I reckon as people like to know the history of their cars. Well I do anyway. I have a 1956 fordson tractor of which I am the third owner, it has always resided half a mile from where it was sold new. Good luck with the search, let us know if you have any success.

Once the picture is uploaded, double click on so it comes up in it's own page. Then click on the highlighted bit. You should see it temporarily flash "Copied" Then just paste the result into the body of your post. Picture should appear once you post (or preview).

Image1_zpspguwuirq.jpg

Edited by alanrichey

• 8 months later...
Guest Wardie

Hi Narpsi,

Have you managed to locate it, I stumbled across your post looking for my dad's Old robin hood reg A515XLG

I think he bought it from your dad, (he really struggled with a bad back??)

My dad kept it 2 years and because of lack of use sold it.

It has since been on eBay again about 2 years ago. If you find it I would be interested in finding out how it is doing!

It was finished to a high standard, the only thing my dad did to it was fit the winter kit other than that when my dad bought it, it was complete!

Dan

• 1 year later...

Only just noticed this last message sorry! I have been checking on and off for it but with no joy really. My dad does suffer a bit with his back. It was sold from the wirral in Merseyside. Lots of components were custom made with lasers at my dad's work. I have got a good picture of what t looked like when we sold it will try and upload it now. It is showing as Sorn and out of mot at the end of June this year so its definitely still out there 🙂