S7

Guest gazza1591

Guest gazza1591

Hk all what was the s7 like chassis wise? Been looking at what u thought was a 2b but turns out it's a s7, says mk11 on log book?

But from looking around the net it is a Sierra based s7, are these as big in the inside as the 2b? I'm 6ft1 just worry I won't fit. The car is a good 3 hour drive away.

Also how do u go about parts for such an old car now? I can't find any suspension spares etc about on the Internet?

Hi Gareth, as I said on Facebook (Stu Thomas), I wouldn't be worried about spares, everything is either ford based and available or if a Robin Hood part easy enough to find someone through this forum to fabricate new.

S7 is similar size to a 2b, but overall less roomy in the cockpit because of those wide chassis rails.

I am 6 foot tall and fit in OK but it is a snug fit width wise. Depends on your body shape really, I am around 85 kilos and comfortable but maybe not at 90 or 95. Suspension is all sierra parts, poly bushes, springs and shockers are all easy to get hold of as are brake parts. Is there anybody near you with a series 7 you could have a sit in. Is it the stainless steel chassis. If you want any measurements just ask

Guest gazza1591

Yea I'm well over your weight 105 not really fat just well built up top to many years in the gym.stu is localish but I'm due to go look at it tomorrow, think it's just a bite buillet moment and go see it for size it's a long way to drive but I won't know till I try I guess