Oh Bugger

Del1968

hi all in need of a little help i started to pull out the old seirea cluster from the dash asi have made a new one with new dials now my problem is i have got a sender unit for my new speedo which uses the cable and turns it into electronic pulses as i fitted it to test it to make sure it fits which it did nice and snug as i pulled it to get it off it seems as if the cable as come out the gear box :sorry: now i am buggered cause i cant get to the gear box cause its all in closed in the tunnel :crazy: advice or help needed

mmmm thats what i was thinking that teach me to tug a bit hard least if i do that i can try the other sender i got and do away with the cable all together :) give it a go tomorrow when i get in from work

Have you only pulled the inner cable out? (If you've pulled the outer completely out the circlip mustn't have been seating correctly). If so you will be able to push it back in with a twisting motion to seat it.

My sensor picks up the diff bolt heads. I fitted one as I didn't want the hassle with a cable.

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

Yes if inner cable it should slide back in.

If you leave it out you might start getting oil travelling up the outer and dripping all over the place.

It's the inner cable that I pulled out tried getting it back in but no luck I have got the hall sensor to put on the property or drive shaft but all so got the sensor that fits straight to gear box with the wires coming of that for the speedo can do away with the speedo cable all together

It's the inner cable that I pulled out tried getting it back in but no luck I have got the hall sensor to put on the property or drive shaft but all so got the sensor that fits straight to gear box with the wires coming of that for the speedo can do away with the speedo cable all together

As above it should go back in. It has a square end (iirc) so you need to turn it til it fits. My speedo was jumpy so i pulled out the inner cable - greased it - slid it back in. Didn't touch the GB end. But if you are going electronic then as above cut a hole - fit - box in.

hth