Sva Test

Guest DAVE1954

Guest DAVE1954

Hi I'm booked in in 2 months for SVA test for first time I was just wondering if there are any recent new things they could spring on me, that I can get sorted beforehand Cheers. Dave

yep like it is now an IVA not SVA :) hopefully you've been following the latest IVA guidelines. A lot of it is common sense. If your wiring looks like a birds nest they won't like it and will look even harder at other bits.

My examiner wanted to see anti-crush tubes in the upsidedown tubes that are the top of the rear suspension that slide into the roll bar. They changes some of the rules in the wheel well about sharp edges so it's worth reading that. I put squash balls over the top locking nut for the balljoint.

Didn't do this myself but it might work.... walk around your car and look and touch everything and ask yourself 'is this sharp' and 'is this securely attached' anything that sticks out more than 5mm needs to be radius to 2.5mm (from memory might be different now) and everything less needs to be blunt.

check your lights for e-marks.

check latest windscreen requirements as the RH supplied glass is only toughened and not sure if they are allowed now.

hth