Robin Hood 2B+ For Sale

Guest Sean Timney

Guest Sean Timney

Hello All, the day has finally arrived to sell my beloved 2B. It has been locked in my garage for 2 years as I have not had time to use and also have a second 2B in bits which needs finishing. This as well as buying a 350Z with my son :) On that basis I've been told some toys need to go :(

Spec as follows:

May 2003 2B+ Wishbone Kit with stainless panels

SVA'd and Registered in Jan 2005

2Ltr Blacktop Zetec

WEBCON Alpha Gold Throttle Body injections system with management (spec 165 bhp) - these alone cost £1800

GAZ Coilovers all around - fully adjustable for height and damping

Retro Ford Water Rail

Burton Power shortened sump

Tiger Mirrors

Chopped bonnet with stainless piano hinge and ally panelled scuttle

Telemetrics white faced dials with brushed chrome bezels

100W amp fitted behind passenger seat with 3.5 jack between seats for I-Pod connection

Removable speaker box between seats with long cable (for the camping nights)

Battery Master Cut-Off in dash

12V socket in dash

Mamba Clubman cloth seats (very comfy)

Optimum Balance Products floor mounted pedal box

Remote brake servo

Alloy swirl pot and 2 fuel pumps (solid state lift pump from tank to swirl pot, high pressure injection pump from swirl to fuel rail)

Larger stainless fuel tank from RH

Originally gel-coat blue, but a few years ago painted in cellulose Oxford Blue

Angel Eye Headlamps

Carbon effect front LED indicators

Side LED indicators

Comes with Full Wet Weather gear

Arrays Alloys with 4 good tyres

Twin Air Horns

R1 Exhaust Can

Tunnel mounted handbrake

Windscreen brace (stops the old frame lift when the hood is on driving at 70)

Blue carpets and dashboard vinyl

..............Other things I've probably forgotten :)

As stated above, the car has not been out of my garage for 2 years, it needs a MOT (which it's never failed, straight through every time) and it's on SORN.

The car has the usual wear and tear for the age but is in overall good condition

As the car requires MOT and would need to be transported away, I am reflecting this in the price. I've seen a couple of pinto versions on here going for over 5K.

PRICE: £4500 for a quick sale (you could have it for STONELEIGH!!!!!)

I've got a photo bucket set up with some pics for view:

http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/seanTpeterlee/library/?sort=3&page=1

The car is advertised elsewhere for a lot more, but I thought I would give a RHOCAR forum user a shout first at a lower price

As I'm not a regular on here, if you are interested, please text me on 07970174418

Car is located in County Durham in the North-East of England

Thanks for looking, Sean

Edited by Sean Timney

Guest Howleybar

Hi Sean, I have posted for the first time on the forum today as I'm looking to buy my first kit car. Given I've never owned one and am not overly mechanically minded do you think your car would suit me as if it needs work to get it through the test I'd have to pay for it. It sounds a lovely car but not sure if one that's not ready to go is for me. Sorry for the amateur questions

Many thanks

Chris

Guest Sean Timney

Hi Chris,

No problem at all, thanks for being transparent. As said above, the car has never had any MOT concerns, through first time, every time. The last time it had MOT was in 2015 for Stoneleigh show. That year I only covered about 100 miles after Stoneleigh before the tax ran out in the October and it went on SORN (just not getting the use). Believe it or not, I actually had 2 people wanting to buy it following Stoneleigh (I had it advertised in the for-sale hall), both who messed around for a couple of weeks before not following through. You are more than welcome to come and have a good look around it (consider bringing someone who is mechanically minded with you, which might put you at ease). I would have considered MOT'ing it, but it means having to take out insurance etc again and on the basis I want to sell it, did not really make sense financially. I could do, but that means the price will need to increase. People who use this forum will know from the description above that this is a good spec car and very competitively priced. I have checked the car over and all is well, I would not expect any work being required for a MOT

Regards,

Sean

Guest Sean Timney

Hi Chris, the best thing to do is come and see it. If you like it, we can discuss price assuming that I would MOT it before I sell it, I can't say fairer than that really.

Regards,

Sean

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howleybar

Hi Sean, if the car's still for sale and you're available tomorrow would it be possible to have a run up for a view

Cheers

Chris

Guest Sean Timney

Hi Chris, sure no problem. I'm at work tomorrow but will be back about 5.30pm.

Let me know if this is OK, text me (07970174418) and i'll send my address.

Sean

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...