Official Stoneleigh National Kit Car Show Information

keith kelly

Can do. I have some net fencing and 10 steaks. Lol. Thought of getting some of the grass spray and marking out an area but don't think stoneleigh would be too pleased!

Not really a lot we can do if they won't let us camp there! Been in and out of meetings all day with work I know stu has called them but I will call tomorrow when I get chance see if they can give us a plot!

• Like 1

I cant see how they think this is going to work, having been to the show for the last 15 years the area they are suggesting we go to is usually full including the overspill plots. With all the people from the club that normally camp on the old spot they will need extra camping plots to fit everyone in which seems to defeat the object of moving us.

Sorry to be repeating myself, but which area shall we aim for on the Saturday. If we all aim for the same 1 then we have a chance of being close together. Keith, I understand that you are going early to drop of the caravan so why don't you pick an area number.

• Like 1

God you log are eager lol! I have literally got off the phone with grosvenor to see what we can sort out. The official stance is that they can not permit us to camp in that area. So we either seek approval from stoneleigh Park themselves (already trying this) or we camp on the designated area. They have said that they are happy for us to stake a claim on an area and i have some net fencing we can use to do so.

The largest area is 62 so head for there! I believe there is a big fenced off area which looks ideal but not sure if we would be stepping on anyone's toes (will cross that bridge when we come to it.) Have been told to stake a claim so will do!

I will continue to pursue stoneleigh themselves and if i can secure our old spot i will do.

Grosvenor have offered to move us to a much larger stand next year to enable us to camp on the stand not sure where this would be or if will be suitable but i will meet with Pete on sunday at the show and discuss with him.

if anything this will give us the opportunity to be sociable with other kit car enthusiasts and show them what a wonderful bunch we are.

OK just spoken to Stoneleigh events and they are not able to allow us to camp in this area (should not have been camping there historically) The main reasons are insurance and management from a safety point of view. The fire strategy they have for the show caters for camping to be contained within the contracted lease area's that grosvenor pay for and they have the sufficient number of staff patrolling to cover these area's. He said he tried to stop us camping there last year but did not make it clear enough so let it slide.

Andrew has stated that the camping area that is designated is relatively unused and we should be able to quarden off a large area with no issues so that is what we will do. So head for area 62 and look for a rhocar banner.

He was nice enough with it all and is happy to work with us and grosvenor next year to provide a designated area for our club.

Looking forwards to the weekend and a well deserved beer or two.

• Like 2