Part Built 2B- Semi Rolling Chassis With Double Wishbones

Guest 2B-EVO

Hi All,

At the beginning of the year i bought an on the road 2B so i'm now listing my part built kit for sale. Please see details and pictures below - could be a good winter track day project for someone.

Kit details

post-13469-0-27541500-1444505928_thumb.jpgpost-13469-0-27541500-1444505928_thumb.jpgpost-13469-0-28370400-1444505929_thumb.jpgpost-13469-0-80142000-1444505929_thumb.jpgpost-13469-0-43968000-1444505930_thumb.jpgpost-13469-0-98883300-1444505930_thumb.jpgpost-13469-0-46414200-1444505931_thumb.jpg

Purchased November 1999. I have all the relevant purchase paperwork

Donor vehicle -1984 1.6 sierra .The vehicle was scrapped but I have the V5 and vehicle tags. The vehicle has been declared sorn since 1999. So once IVA’d the car would be given an age related plate.

Note: there is no engine, gearbox, diff, prop shaft or drive shafts, rear hubs or pedal box included.

Chassis

Mild steel tubular space frame – fully painted in black hammerite prior to any assembly

Converted to double wishbone front suspension (originally came with a sliding pillar arrangement)

All brake and fuel lines have been run and a brand new bespoke (C20XE) wiring loom is also fitted.

Note: Chassis has been modified to take a C20XE Vauxhall engine and therefore the engine mounting tubes are different to the standard 2b chassis.

Body

Currently fully panelled up - mild steel panels – have been painted in primer externally but now show some surface rust – (all panels were painted with black hammerite internally before and after fitting and the rear panels have been under sealed)

Front cycle wing brackets fitted and cycle wings (wide) attached.

The only panels left to fit are the bonnet and nose cone. Note: The kit has been changed so that the windscreen sits on a scuttle and the bonnet and nose cone are therefore separate to it. I have had an aluminium bonnet made but this will require suitable brackets/latches attaching to fit it to the chassis.

As it has had the vauxhall engine fitted the exhaust exit is on the passenger side.

Suspension/Steering

Front – double wishbone set up with Gaz coil overs

Rear – sierra torque tube and wish bones with rear anti roll bar. Standard sierra shock absorbers (new) and sierra estate springs.

Standard sierra steering column with indicator and light stalks and 3 spoke snao off steering wheel.

Steering rack as supplied with the kit.

Brakes

Front – standard sierra 243mm (i think) vented disc and single pot callipers.

No rear hubs/brakes supplied.

Handbrake – Corsa C hand brake lever mounted to passenger side of transmission tunnel mated to sierra hand brake cables.

All brake lines copper with braided flexi hoses

Fuelling

9 gallon stainless steel tank fitted – fuel line run to engine bay. Locking fuel filler cap. No pump or filter included

Wheels and tyres

13” Fiesta XR2 pepperpots just being used to keep the car mobile

However there are 5 matching original speedline 1.9 205gti wheels (reconditioned) with very old tyres on that can be purchased separately if required @ £100

Lights/Indicators

Front and rear lights as supplied with the kit – front chrome headlights to take sealed beam units – rear standard trailer oblong clusters.

Front nose cone indicators off a motorbike and stalk mounted.

I’ve included a few pics of how the car currently is – I still need to remove some small items such as header tank, heater and heater vents, windscreen frame but its pretty much ready to go.

Please also note that the rear hubs are still attached to keep it mobile but will be removed at point of collection.

Looking for £250

Chassis is located 2 mins off jct27 M6 near Standish.

Any questions just ask. Cheers Andy

post-13469-0-83483700-1444505928_thumb.jpg