New Car Suggestions

femster87

Isn't it standard practice to get an MX5 as a member of Rhocar? Lol. In which case I have a lovely Mk1 1.6 in need of a new home and some TLC....can come with lots of spares too haha

how much TLC does it need

Guest Ian & Carole

Isn't it standard practice to get an MX5 as a member of Rhocar? Lol. In which case I have a lovely Mk1 1.6 in need of a new home and some TLC....can come with lots of spares too haha

No it's not , some of us have a bit more vision :crazy: :rofl: :rofl:

_57%204_zpsizxsxdv0.jpg

Edited by Ian & Carole

Guest alexpink

I've always loved the 3.2 V6 Alfa GTV Cups. They're great fun to drive and a lovely car if you get one without problems. They're also very different from your usual MR2/MX5 but most probably stand out a bit too much for what you'd like. Black paint with red leather interior is beautiful on these.

If you look at Boxsters do a lot of reading as some of the older models are huge money pits, not easy engine access either. That Porky badge means bills can be high...

Go for an MX5 like many others have, production car with tinker-a-bility (if that's a word) add forced induction and plenty of other things 220bhp+ nice and cheap

Rob, there is simply no way I am getting an mx-5. They do nothing for me. I find the styling basic and the performance lacking. Apologies to owners of 5's.

its going to be the g40

• Like 2

Guest Bobbers

Lynda (wife) has just got an Audi a1 with a 150 bhp cylinder on demand engine,very fast sharp car to drive and over 45 to the gallon when going steady . I've never really been an Audi fan but got to say it's impressive.

Go a bit old school - Audi B5 S4 - 2.7 twin turbo v6 - very understated - take off the S badge on the boot and unless you know what you looking at its an old audi A4. All the toys, leather, 4wd (get you over the penines) etc - 30mpg achievable and plenty enough performance the figures on paper don't do the car justice - the torque just keeps coming. Choice of estate or saloon.

Andy