New Tyre Suggestions

Guest david_l_perry

Guest david_l_perry

Had a few other recommendations for the Avon Z5

I am not interested in track days, and these sounded like they will fit the bill

Gone for 205's on the rear and 195 on the front....

Always worth calling in to see the tyre people face to face for a discount.....just dropped off my new alloys with National Tyres near to home who are putting some Avon Rubber on them.

End price is cheaper than if I got them from either of the tyre supply sites listed above

Interestingly the 205's are a fair bit cheaper per tyre than 195's even though they are bigger.....

Will be interested in how it all works out....

Guest 2b cruising

Rotating was always mega important on cross ply tyres..

Radial tyres for some reason seem to wear evenly without rotation, if geometry is correctly set up.

When fitting you wheels to the car, look for position or dor markings, and fit accordingly if they are marked.

Guest david_l_perry

That's. Interesting . 195.we're always cheaper . You realise by having dif tyres in front and rear you now can't rotate them Dave

Hey...it was your suggestion..... ^_^

Its all part of the process to give myself a little bit more clearance, larger rolling radius that suits the big Jag V6 as well....

Got myself new 16" alloys with new tyres

New wheels all fitted now

I have to adjust the front mudguard supports....well...when I say adjust...I need to make new ones as they are a little bit rusty and fell off.....

The new bigger rear wheels / tyres also highlighted that the rear arches are not exactly in matching locations, so I need to do a bit of tweeeking with that as well.....big hammer time again I think....