Raising Suspension.

Guest Gargoil

Guest Gargoil

The GTM has problems getting over sleeping policemen. A low front nose means it's agony scraping the front splitter across the local humps.

Have tried winding up the coil-overs which have give enough clearance if careful, but has made the car difficult to drive smoothly. She darts around on the motorway and any road imperfections sends her into a tizzy.

So, are there spacers available to fit between the coil-overs and bodywork and will these come from the suspension manufacturer?

Or is this something that isn't recommended?

Ta.

Guest Gargoil

Cheers, Chaps.

That' why I wondered about the spacers. I suspected the tracking would need to be redone. I just wanted an alternative to winding up the springs at the front.

To get the car at an acceptable height it's starting to run out of suspension/spring travel. hence the banging about over potholes.

Or I could just hire the local travellers to tarmac over the humps.

Now there's a thought.......

Edited by Gargoil

Guest 2B-EVO

+1 for a full suspension geometry set up, however i'm no suspension expert but before you have your suspension set up you could speak to someone like dampertec - they may be able to supply you with the same rate springs but longer - If you've wound the spring platform up all the way you may be experiencing coil bind which is causing you to crash and bash about - so if you have to change the springs that would then result in further expense of another geometry set up.

Cheers

Andy

No matter how you raise the car, spacers or raising springs, you will change the geometry.

the only (impractical) way of raising the car without altering anything, is to LOWER the

the wishbone pivot points at the same time.

Or to raise the whole bodywork from the chassis......which sounds equally impractical.

Or maybe just reduce the depth of the splitter if thats all that hits?

Simplest way may be to move house....LOL