Getting Really Pissed With Rh

Guest jetskijase

Guest jetskijase

Right I'am getting really *bleep*ed off with robin hood *bleep*ing sports car's, I'am on the phone in the morning to twatface and having it out with him. Something that this club should have done with him long before now.

Why, when you produce thousands of chassis do you weld them up wrong???????????? :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: why :gdit: :gdit:

I've forked out £50 on wide arches to cover my alloys, colin usher did his grp to protude 57mm. Fine , passenger all on fixed and fine.

Drivers side :gdit: :gdit: The wheel is seriously on the piss, Bill managed to cure this by moving out the rear of the grp, I need over 60mm to protude to cover the top of the wheel, yes wheel not tyre. And this is after i've bought wide arches. I've only got 70mm of grp to play with and can't get them tight at 60mm.

And also ,why is the rough edge of the grp cut as though that *bleep*ing rotwiler did it. Ive got 45mm at one end 70mm in the middle and 60mm at the other end.

I dont expect any problems when i've bought wider arches , But as per *bleep*ing usual RH way it's *bleep*e. If Richard doesnt sort this then i will have an article for the next mag about how shocking these car's are to build :gdit: :gdit:

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Jason

Guest chris brown

Lets have some photos so we can see the problem as it seems strange as lots of us have just used standard arches (with 195 rubber) and got them to fit albeit very rarely with both sides the same but at least they have fitted

Guest jetskijase

Exactly Bill On my way to pub now.

Chris, will get some photo's tomorrow, i've stripped the arch down again to see if i could get some more grp out and that's how it is at the mo.

The passenger side is fantastic, inside the arch, level front and back and really pleased with it.

Someone measured the chassis before and said it wasn't square, but i thought the wide arches would compansate for that.

Right, beer

Jase.

Guest Petemate

I know what you mean about the cassis assemblies. Mine is OK side to side, i.e. rear wheels line up correctly both sides. But there was NO WAY I could get a gap of any sort at the front of the arches, so much so that I had to "tongue" the flat bit dsigned to fit against the underneath of the froward section of chassis tube and construct a "false" arch. Having said all that, I'm satisfied with the result and was prepared for about anything, having gone into the build eyes wide open, forewarned by members at the shows. <_< Constant checking of dimensions throughout the build sem to be the order of the day. B)

Would I do it all again? Well, if I had a few more years left, probably. But I'd still like a Model B Rod....... :rolleyes:

Petemate

hi Jason

iv got a few silicone tubes of the stuff they use to hold artick trailers together and trust me this stuff is strong ,the place i got it from was the trailer builders yard, i was fitting a few bog seats as 2 were damaged i tried to pull them off with no luck so i got my hacksaw out to cut the silicone away to get to the bolts.hummm i fort weres the bolts, well there wasnt any it was just this glue holding them down

so if you would like a tube its yours but its messy stuff you need the marrigolds on

let me know and ill post it to you or you can pick it up

olly

Guest jetskijase

Well things are still crap but a little less crapper, just another obstacle to over come, no wonder hood owners on the road are so proud of em. ^_^

Olly i'll have a tube if you don't mind, so you reckon that i will get away with minimal overlap using this glue? You have a pm

Cheers

Jase

Still phoning dick up tomorrow though

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Jason,

I've got the wider arches.

The two stainless rear arch pieces are a mirror image - well approximately

However the GRP parts definitely are NOT

The driver's side is shorter than the passenger's

I've fitted them such that when viewed from the rear the bottom of the arches appear symmetrical. The amount of the GRP protruding from the stainless is fairly consistent on both sides

If I drop a plumb line off the outer edge of the rear arch centrally - such that it aligns with the wheel centre, then measure the distance to the wheel rim and tyre these dimensions are :

Passenger's side to rim = 25mm and to tyre sidewall = 20mm

Driver's side to rim = 15mm and to tyre sidewall = 10mm

The wheels are the RH supplied Aray alloys with 195.50 R15 tyres

The distance from the front edge of the GRP to the floor is 270mm on passenger's side and 300mm on the driver's side.

Once the stone-guard panels are fitted this should look a bit better and remember that you can't really see the driver's side due to the position of the exhaust (Pinto engine).

Make sure that the rear end looks OK - it's difficult to visually compare the front ends.

There is no rhyme or reason for the GRP sectors to be different lengths - but this is how mine were supplied.

[Rim clearances corrected 18/12/04]

Edited by TerryBarry

Guest jetskijase

HI Terry

Thats the thing if i drop a plumb line from the top outside center of the drivers arch it will hit the tyre and not go to the floor , let alone have a 10mm gap. The arches look fine from the rear same everything.

THe passenger side would have approx 10mm to the tyre.

I have 57mm protruding from the widest part of the passenger grp, which covers the tyre fine, but this was now where near enough to cover the drivers.

Jase