Fitting Carpet

Guest DROID

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding the best adhesive to use when fiitng the carpet - tried contact adhevise on the back panel last night with no success...........

Andy :boohoo:

Guest docter fox

i used spray glue from B&Q, you just have to apply it to both sides (back of carpet and floor :p ) then flatten over it, you do need to use quite a bit of it though...

I use Evo-stick, but you need to give the carpet side a couple of coats. The spray glue "lets go" when it gets warm.

Just a note as well, if you get glue onto the "good" side of the carpet, the best stuff to remove it is Autoglym tar remover.

Guest Phil Slater

I seem to remember from somewhere :blink: that a little WD40 sprayed onto a cloth is good for getting rid of overspray. Pehaps someone else may be able to confirm this :mellow:

Phil Slater

Guest Sean Timney

Got to go with Jim on this.......I used high impact Evo....after i failed SVA needed to take my tunnel sides off....tried to remove the carpet and left half of the fibres attached. :lol: :D ...it's good stuff....... :blink:

Sean

Guest docter fox

I stuck the carpet back in the footwells last night, used spray glue on both sides and wd40 to wipe it off the carpet, seats and steering wheel :ph34r:

although i did have to invite a girlfriend round to watch a dvd and give her a few drinks before shoving her in the drivers footwell to do the bit at the end i couldnt reach :D ....highly recomended and very funny to watch :lol:

Guest docter fox

after the speedo cable got pulled out (Seb's fault) we had to pull the carpet off again to put the circlip back in, so claire came round again to stick it back in :D

here

she said no to painting the bottom of the car though ;)