Elevate It

Guest paisesmediterraneos

Guest paisesmediterraneos

I decided to change the tires and I will bring my car to Centers Auto(is the place where I found the tires I want at the best price), this is a tires store where very young people is working and they know nothing about sports cars as my 2B, I want to tell them where to lean the jack for not to damage any sheet under the car, so...can you tell me where is the best place to elevate the car at the front and at the rear and not damage the chassis or sheet??.

Thanks a lot, David.

Edited by paisesmediterraneos

Hi,

i tend to jack it up on the rear subframe mounts. have a look under the rear just in front of the wheel arch and you should see the end of the subframe 'arms'.

At the front i often use a wooden block under the wishbone where the shock mount bolts are, if you drill 2 holes in the top of the wood so they go over the nuts then it can't slip off. If i want the wheels and suspension completely off the floor at the front i lift in on the very front square bar. again protecting the paint with a wooden block or carpet etc.

hopefully others will agree these are sensible areas to lift on.

hth