Getting It In Gear When Hot

Guest DGAV

Duncan

If its only difficult when its hot its likely to be the cable, whats it routed like and if it goes between the hot exhausts, is it insulated?

it does go between the hot exhausts and no it it not insulated ,but it will be tomorrow cheers Bill will i see you and joe at Donington and are you camping

Duncan

Guest chris brown

I think we all worked that one out Riz as it is hard to camp there if he is not going :D :D :D B) :wacko:

try fitting a larger one, they come in 45, 50, & 55mm
Or do a quick mod and put a piece of material under the cable and over the quadrant and try it then if it works then make it permanent.

go to spares shop and get a clutch cable for a two wheel drive sierra cossie quinton hazell part no. qhc 1585, long enough to route it well away from the exhaust and correct end fittings so no mods required (thanks to ant b for telling me) costs about £12

steve

Guest salty_monk

I insulated mine & wrapped the exhaust but when I removed it to change the quadrant (which I did twice..) you could still feel that it had got hot & didn't move as freely a it should, no real problems with operation though.... The long one may be less hassle.

The 55mm is the Quadrant to go for (or make one like Chris's) makes a big difference & is a simple mod. Problem is pedal travel in the 2b is reduced from that of Sierra so the bigger quadrant pulls more cable for the same pedal travel... :)

Right just got out of the garage , wraped the clutch cable ,the exhaust,parts of the

manifold,brake pipes ,servo

lets hope that helps

1st gear and reaverse are difficalt to get in when hot .Had a great first weekend

in the hood already done 450 miles :D :D meet up with jase(jetskie) had a good

blast around cannock chase .

Started to look at fitting the screen any tips?

cheers

Duncan