Zetec 2L + R1 Carbs - Help Needed

Guest Rena

Guest Rena

Hi,

Trying to get my engine with R1 carbs running. It starts bangning and misfiring over 2500 rpm and won´t rev up.

With the pilotscrew 5-6 turns out i got AFR value between 14-15, so I guess I need to change pilot jets.

Now I´m running standard size 15 and mains 160.

Which setup are folks running?

Thanks!

I would say you need to turn the screws in to 2.5 to 3 turns out! Check fuel pressure as you only need 2.5psi and also check you float levels as it sounds like its running out of fuel when you are trying to rev it.

running at idle make sure the are balanced with sync metre

and as above check spark! what are you using to manage this (Megajolt?) if so check you have right map. Lots of this check over all could cause the issue.

regards

keith

Edited by unclechief

Guest Rena

Hi when i had the same symptoms,

it was fixed by replacing the coil pack and leads - I think the coil pack was the issue.

Hi,

I have tested with new coil pack and leads.

Guest Rena

I would say you need to turn the screws in to 2.5 to 3 turns out! Check fuel pressure as you only need 2.5psi and also check you float levels as it sounds like its running out of fuel when you are trying to rev it.

running at idle make sure the are balanced with sync metre

and as above check spark! what are you using to manage this (Megajolt?) if so check you have right map. Lots of this check over all could cause the issue.

regards

keith

I´m using a R1 fuel pump, so fuel pressure should be OK. Maybe I will have to try to set another float level.

I´m currently running with Dunnell ignition system but I have ordered Megajolt to get more control over the ignition cause with the Dunnellsystem is not possible to change anything.

Guest 2b cruising

Is your fuel flow good enough or is it a blocked filter gauze in the tank on your fuel pick up.

Worth just checking all your filters.