Feedback Before Iva Application

MarkBzero

At long last, with the exception of a brake test, emissions and sound test I believe I have finally finished building. Please review, criticise and provide feedback on any points that need to be resolved before I apply for IVA test.

Also do you think it is worthwhile going for a pre-MOT test before IVA?

post-4145-0-75991500-1367950960_thumb.jpg

post-4145-0-19811000-1367950977_thumb.jpg

post-4145-0-09932400-1367950997_thumb.jpg

Guest JammyJim

Hi you don't need front No plate holder it could cause problems with radius edges. From what I understand if it's not needed don't fit it then it can't be tested. ie; windscreen ,wipers, ect.

Looks good.

Check the boot hinges for radiused edges. Also, did I see a wire from the car to the front wheel in picture two? I can't quite make it out.

General tip. Take a tennis ball and use it to check for sharp edges. If the edge can be touched by the ball, it must be covered.

I could get away with not putting any rubber trim around the exhaust hole through the bonnet for just that reason.

(you need a small football for the inside edges, but I can't remember the exact sizes now though :) )

Simon.

I'm not sure about the IVA relevance of this, but just an observation - the apparent gap on the trailing edge of the bonnet; is that free air into the engine bay?

If so, would that not be considered a risk in a car with no windscreen - I am thinking of fuel/water/fire issues under the bonnet escaping into the face of the occupants.

If it's sealed, then ignore me ;-)

Looks like drum brakes on the back so make sure you can access and remove the oval grommet in the back plate to check the wear on the rear brake linings. If you can't do this from under the car with it on it's wheels, you need to pack a small (secured) jack to allow the car to be jacked up to make the inspection.

I think on a zero the grommets end up at the front of each wheel, so a jack may well be essential.

Service Brake Control / Mechanical Components 09B Required Standard 24 (and note 2)

Is your IVA booked yet - maybe a home visit from a couple of members might be of some benefit for a quick once-over? It looks a very nice build though.

I had the same problem with the gap on the bonnet. You just can't pull it any tighter due to the design of the bonnet itself.

Mine passed Jan 2012 with no bonnet issues.

(I had some bonnet issues later on though so I will be needing a new one to replace the (slightly) bent one I now have :) )

Simon.

Thank you for your feedback and comments, list of actions;

1. Remove number plate mounts

2. Check radius on headlight brackets - more glue and trim

3. Cover TRE's - theduck please explain abbreviation?

4. Handbrake - needs adjusting

5. Boot hinges - off mini hoping they will be ok and all edges rounded

6. Wing mirrors - had a little vibration on road test I will fit plate

7. Bonnet - called GBS and this is normal. I have trim under bonnet edges which has lifted the bonnet, may have made the issue worst. I will fit trim under scuttle to lift to the same height

2nd question is it worth getting a pre-MOT before IVA?

One tip I used to stop the wing mirrors wobbling is to get some large (ish) scrap aluminium about 3 -4 inch diameter and bend to the curve inside the scuttle.

Drill a hole in it and use as a large washer. It stops the wobbly mirrors quite well.

Simon.