Stoneleigh The Show

stevedohc2b

What a great weekend thanks to Ian & Carol the new barbecue works really well along with the gazebos.

I passed a broken down car on the M40 and stopped to help an Dutton I think but he had a stuck brake calliper and the tow truck was on its way. The when i got almost home next road a saw a lime green Westfield so stopped and chatted to him for 15 mins only lives 2 streets away might come to next months Herts meeting.

Attached a pic of Steve the new chairman and his dog please add a caption !! :D

Stephen

post-697-1210011856_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve

thats a great picture, you've really caught Georges good side as he consoled me at my first outbreak of chairmans car syndrome.

For those that didn't see me yesterday i spent all week prepping the car, new silicon hose, new exhaust etc and then it died on me at the petrol station on the way to stoneleigh - bike carbs had come out of the rubbers and in my hamfisted attempts to shove them back into position i managed to break the fuel rail - doh!!!

anyway its all fixed now and ready for the staffs area meet tomorrow

feel free to add your best cutting/funny captions to Steve's pic

Stevel

Guest Dredd

Good show as usual, altohugh the queue to get in is a bit of a joke! I had a challenging day as when I went top leave, I found fuel pumping out from the regulator :huh: I pushed the car back into the enclosure and my brother in law and I set about trying to find the problem. I was a split o ring which was going to be terminasl unless I could find a replacement at the show. A couple of trips around the exhibition halls yielded a pack of mixed o rings, but unfortunately as it turned out, non the exact size and therefore petrol still poured from the regulator.

It was then that a couple came up to me and told me about a guy selling a wonder glue that mended anything, included rubber! Another trip to the exhibition hall resulted in the guy gluing the o ring together (I did buy a bottle) telling me that it will get me home. Well, it did, the fule began to leak when I put the car in the garage ^_^

But it wasn't over yet as the car overheated on the M40 after leaving Oxford services and finally, 30 miles from home, the gearknob came off in my hand!! <_<

Won't forget this one in a hurry!

Enjoyed my day today, although I did wonder what was going on when we reached the site at 09:45 and there was no-one there!

Lonely.jpg

Car was filthy within 10 minutes of being on the motorway, but at least the day remained fine and warm, and it was a nice drive home. We decided to throw caution to the wind and put our trust in the SatNav to get us home cross country. 20 miles into the trip and completely unaware of our location the battery gave out and I hadn't packed the power lead! Got home eventually though.

Everytime I go to one of these shows I put a few more faces to Avatars ... nice to meet Bazwaz, Grizzly, Ian, Graham, Chris, SteveDualOverHeadCam, Nigel and a few more. And a big thanks to Dave Castle for the 'shiny bits'. Didn't think much of the GBSC three-wheeler .... can't see many 16 yr olds queuing up for one of them!

Guest Bob's Babe

Many thanks to Ian and Carol for all their efforts in getting things ready for the show...great not to have to do much this year. BBQ and food was almost as good as the company, great to catch up with everyone and now looking forward to Newark

SUE :wub:

Guest Eric
Despite getting in really close George still couldn't detect a heart beat

and so George decreed "He'll make a fine chairman!, he's heartless, that's what we need, continuity!"

:p :lol: :rofl: :p :lol: :rofl:

ek B)

sorry, couldn't resist

Guest Jabberwocky

It was good to meet some people from here at long last, even though I am not sure who they are or what there names where :blush: :blush: (I am terrible with names)

names and faces aghhhhhhhhhhh cars and faces may be. to those i told i was going to try and repack exhaust I have done only took about 1 hour bit of a cut and shut 13 quid in wading and hey it worked. thanks all for a gerat weekend se you all soon ps dont for get bbq in july

Guest Tickton Paul

Really good to meet up with everybody again, Phil and myself had a good tour of the site on Saturday but despite trying to lie low we eventually found you all, yes Ian I will make sure that I find out exactly where you are camping before setting of next time :huh:

Eric, how did you manage to overtake me twice on the way home when I never passed you!!!

Paul, Michelle and Kieran

Really good to meet up with everybody again, Phil and myself had a good tour of the site on Saturday but despite trying to lie low we eventually found you all, yes Ian I will make sure that I find out exactly where you are camping before setting of next time :huh:

Eric, how did you manage to overtake me twice on the way home when I never passed you!!!

Paul, Michelle and Kieran

getting automatic jacks and on board water tank for next time paul then we can pitch and re pitch quicker

phil helen danielle and chloe(the loud one)