Screen

Guest V8K

getting close to sva time { i know its just the right time of year } and as i dont want to fit the screen had an idea of getting one of them right little ones just stop the sva man saying suppose your fitting the screen when you get home any one know if i could get one to fit and if so where from? been looking for weeks and no look. as i have no hood will probely keep it on if it looks good enough.

think they are called bug catchers or somthing like that

I've got a feeling that Holdens sell them, I've not got my free catalogue yet so I can't be 100% sure. Their phone number is 01885 488000.

If they've got them let me know, as I'm thinking about doing the same to mine.

Regards

Will

Wollies sell a classic version. Demon thieves sell a more modern plastic visor screen type of thing. Neither are cheap.

Do you plan on fitting the screen later? If so, and if you have a couple of days time to do it, then I would definitely fit it. Driving without one is not pleasant at all. It's windy enough with the screen on! Have you already fitted a heater? Got a wiper motor?

Ant

Guest rhetorical-oracle

I took some photos at Donnington of a small aero screen that had been fabricated to fit the RH Lightweight. I was looking at fabricating something similar, as it used a similar set of brackets to the windscreen. As the brackets were attached in a similar manner the aero screen and windscreen would be interchangable. I'd post the pics, but I'm working away until Friday.

Phill.

Guest Charles B

I passed my SVA with no screen, and didn't have a problem. I have Brooklands aeros fitted at the moment. They would not pass an SVA. too many sharpish edges. I think Tiger do a short rap around perspex screen, there isn't much to them, just some little blocks and a sheet of perpex.

I have a full screen to fit this winter, but I would like to make it removable, so if anybody has any clever ideas, It would be appreciated.

rhetorical-oracle: would like to see the pics in no hurry as am working 6/7 days a week at mo so little time for the car

ant: not sure about fitting it later as would like to be differant

and never actually thought about demon theieves as i thought the were more into fake exhausts for the corsa boys