Bugatti

Guest Battery Bill

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks (and sounds) amazing - but who would insure it?! The fuel consumption is unbelievable - didn't Clarkson say it could use 100 litres in 12 minutes? Mind you, if you've got 800 grand to spend on a car the mpg isn't going to worry you much! I wonder if they would sell one in kit form... :lol:

I dont see why clarkson thinks its such a big deal, the man is a arogant fool, the Vector WX3 (Chevy pushrod engine with twin turbos <1000hp), complete failure as a comercial venture, but still topped 400kph, and 0-60 in 3seconds, all with a 3 spd autobox ! that was over 10 years ago..

The Bugatti Veryon weighs 1950Kg and generates 1001hp, thats 500h/ton..

If we talk specifics, the Bugatti (8.0L quad turbo) engine only makes 125hp/litre, the 'Vector WX3' OldsMobile V8 twin turbo (7.0L pushrod engine twin turbo) makes 142hp/litre . .

What he has VW done?, no much, it maybe a newly designed 'eco' friendly engine, but its not this pinacle of engineering brilliance clarkson dribbles on about..

Fair enough if they were producing 10,000 Veryons a year, now that would be impressive.. but in reality i doubt they will ever make more than 500. . .

in short,

spectacular power, but not pioneering technology

Guest Battery Bill

Thats rich coming from someone who crashes his car on the first lap of a track day :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p

Sorry Tak you will never be allowed to forget that one :D :D

I hear what you are saying but in my opinion the Bugatti is one hell of a nice looking car :D :D

i knomaybe someone can clarify with a image/picture,

Im convincd that te Bugatti enin is not a W16 format, it is obviously a V16, there is no-way outside of witchcraft that there are 2 V8s side by-side., , where would the interior exhaust go ? the turbos are driven by the outside exhausts - looking at he maniflds, each blower is fed by 4 cyls, that would make it a V16 based on photo graphic evidence.

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2002...4_veyron-10.jpg

note there is also 8 plugs on each bank !

somone please tell me im not going bonkers

dont get me wrong, !@ I think its the sexiest car ever made! @! , Italians always get the styling just right, and now they've got it perfect. . .

if only there was a replica kitcar ' ' '

Guest chris brown

Sorry Tak but you loose on all counts. The Bug has go to be the car to beat all cars and if you know the history of Bugatti then the 1001 is the car that Ettore would have approved of.

Designed by Brits, sure thats what Clarkson said,and Bugatti is now German,

W engine, is one bottom end 2 V8 tops, V+V = W

has for being arogant fool, its got him a long way and got to drive every car he ever wanted.

and he cant be that bad or you wouldnt watch him

Mitch

Guest chris brown
Italians always get the styling just right, and now they've got it perfect. . .
Bugatti has always got the stilling right but remember Ettore Bugatti may have been Italian but his factory was in Molsheim, hence the blue cars "type 13 to 59" and most of his designers and draftsmen were French.

The basic layout of the W12 engine is made up of two very thin V6 four-valve modules which are configured at an angle of 72 degrees with a joint crankshaft with seven main bearings to make up a V-V arrangement, i.e. a "W". The cylinder angle is just 15 degrees Within the two V6 banks. This makes the construction, which is very compact in comparison to V12 engines, possible.

Put "VW W12" in Google and "Pow" info on tap.

I digress the Bugatti was fantastic and thank you VW for building another Bugatti, the original Bugatti's were iconic and this one will be a legend.