New Company Car

Guest red7

My Boss has sensed I'm a bit P'd Off and offered me a brand new car. Mazda 6 or a Honda Civic? Got to be new and five door, He's given me £17,000 to spend before December. It's a hard life. :( Think I might stay on a bit longer. B) Mazda's OK but a bit plain. The Civic looks good, I'm taking one for a good thrashing tomorrow. :D Anything else out there worth a look as an enthusiastic drivers car?

Guest nik4chef
My Boss has sensed I'm a bit P'd Off and offered me a brand new car. Mazda 6 or a Honda Civic? Got to be new and five door, He's given me £17,000 to spend before December. It's a hard life. :( Think I might stay on a bit longer. B) Mazda's OK but a bit plain. The Civic looks good, I'm taking one for a good thrashing tomorrow. :D Anything else out there worth a look as an enthusiastic drivers car?

Hi Steve, get down to Motorpoint Derby/Burnley - They do Subaru Impreza WRX 5dr (eatate)£15499.00 - they are a real drivers car and fantastic value - circa 225bhp!!

Best regards Stan.

Guest hypermick

Steve,. We run a WRX estate at work as a pool car. Everyone who uses it does their best to keep it as long as possible,. so much so they fitted a Tracker to it so they could keep tabs on who'd still got it ! :lol:

Mick

Guest paul thompson

if you can stand the ridicule then teh Skoda VRS Diesel. 170BHP and count them 400Nm of torque. 0-60 in 9.2 seconds! for a diesel! 48 mpg average! and they do it as an estate, guess what i'm getting as my next company car!

As with all diesels, company car tax is lower, and they accelerate like bilio on a rolling start. 0-60 would be quicker but you have to change gear twice, unlike a petrol where it's only once.

Hi Steve,

Can you not "Opt Out" of the company car scheme and buy your own and take the money?

I have recently done this with my company,

I was offered similar cars to you but i decided that the tax would hammer me so i managed to get a Mint 2000 BMW 318 for a snippet under 7K, even with the loan repayments it works out a good deal,

It is worth looking into if you can!

Ps: they also like to fit trackers to "Company Cars" at our place, they cant do that to your own car, Just make sure that you get the right insurance for buisness use.

Good luck

Bugsy

Hi Steve, get down to Motorpoint Derby/Burnley - They do Subaru Impreza WRX 5dr (eatate)£15499.00 - they are a real drivers car and fantastic value - circa 225bhp!!

Best regards Stan.

hi steve, get over here to n.ireland, there doing Subaru Impreza sti for £14999.00 (new*)

I'll have to look into the tax. I'd get £3000 a year off the company if I supplied my own car. So out of that, I'd have to find insurance, a car loan, depreciation, servicing, tyres, etc. it all adds up. I also do a lot of hard private miles in my company car and don't worry about where I park it i.e. building sites, rough neighbourhoods, I'd not like to treat a car I owned and insured like that!

I've done 60k in my silver Focus TDCi Ghia, 50+mpg on the motorway but a bit tired of the diesel. Back to petrol this time Jim.

the diesel civic is quite good, faster than the petrol model too,

0-62mph petrol 8,9.

diesel is 8,6

Jim was looking at the Accord until we visited the local Honda dealers and the Civic won him over, its acually alot bigger than it looks.

I too couldnt afford one so i bought a 2yr old Skoda Est, (150 BHP turbo)

for alt less than it should have been.

Go on get the Honda,with loads of toys in it

Mitch

Guest stu205

Id say the Civic too, good car and suports the British car building industry, the Skoda isnt a bad car either all you have to do is ignore the badge and pretend your in a VW/Audi