Got It!

geordie40

Well went down to Cornwall to pick up my super spec and I'm now DEAF!!

70 miles on dual carriageway and I think are defenders are the way forward

Oh and it rained and the wipers are hopless, there only about 5 or 6 inches so I think better ones are needed.

And its drafty cold but........

WHAT FUN!!!!

Will put some pics up when its a but sunnier

• Like 3

I fitted wipers on my Superspec last year. Lucas wiper motor, with stainless steel adjustable arms and 9 inch wiper blades. I had to cut the arms down a bit and bend them to get the right angle so that the blades arc just under the top rail of the windscreen.

I also coated the windscreen with Rain-X and now find I rarely need to use the wipers at all.

I fitted wipers on my Superspec last year. Lucas wiper motor, with stainless steel adjustable arms and 9 inch wiper blades. I had to cut the arms down a bit and bend them to get the right angle so that the blades arc just under the top rail of the windscreen.

I also coated the windscreen with Rain-X and now find I rarely need to use the wipers at all.

Any chance of some pics, mine only seem to "clear" only about 1/2 screen, also do yours self park or do you have to time it right to stop at bottom

Wipers just take a bit of time and fiddling to get right, lots of time spent positioning where the spindles come out (nothing you can do about that now, mind) and then working out and cutting the arms and the blade to the right length. You'll also need to bend the wiper arms, the metal parts, by putting a twist in them to make sure the blade sits as close to square on the screen as you can get, so that it wipes efficiently. But, having said all of this, these cars aren't the best for windscreen shape and wiper clearing pattern ;) so some degree of.... how to put it... "reduced expectations" :D.... is normal :) ;)

I have used that rain x on a daily driver in the past bob. It does need reapplying periodically but probably not that often on a car that isn't used in all weathers like mine. I suppose its just the wipers that wear it away. Didn't realise you could still get it. Seem to remember it worked quite well.

This rain-ex stuff Andy, does the 'screen need re-coating very often?

Depends how often it rains :wacko: I generally apply it at start of the season, and then maybe once or twice more during the year if it shows signs of not working so well. I think the more you use the wipers the more it wears off.

I find the airflow clears most rain off the screen when at speed so I only really need to use the wipers in traffic or really heavy rain. And then I wonder what I'm doing out in the car!

Any chance of some pics, mine only seem to "clear" only about 1/2 screen, also do yours self park or do you have to time it right to stop at bottom

Yes they self park. If you're using the Lucas wiper motor you need to have an ignition live feed directly to the wiper motor on pin 4 to power the built in parking cam switch. There are wiring diagrams on the forum if you can find them!

My arms and wipers came from Car Builder Solutions. Pic attached in the park position if you can judge the arcs from that.

post-13848-0-60862000-1524847289_thumb.jpg