Urgent Advice Required

Guest turbo dave

Guest turbo dave

as you may have read in past topics the speedo cable snapped on my superspec turbo i sent my old one to speedy cables and i am still waiting for a new one with an angle drive on it the problem is my sva test is booked for the 27th of november and i'm not sure if i'll get the cable in time so i went to my local ford dealer to purchace a new cable to use as a backup i thought that the one from robin hood was from a sierra but when the chap looked on the computer ford don't make them anymore the only one they could do for me was from a4x4 and i dont know if that will fit maybe the part robin hood use is not from a sierra cos when i phoned the factory they didn't know really what car it was from has anyone got any information as to which car the cable could be from many thanks :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Quinton Hazel QSC 3042 - Ford Cortina , Sierra. I've not had any problem sourcing them. Good luck. I know you aregetting a right angle drive but after 3 cables, I took my cable from the gearbox, through the side panel with a gentlr curve; stuck the cable with gaffer tape to side if the tunnel under the carpet and up into the scuttel. Just had to make sure no tight turn into the dash head. It had been fine for over a year now.

Derek