Zero Weight

Guest jasonmorris

Guest jasonmorris

Does any one know the weight of a fully built Zero with ally panels and a good ole pinto lump?

Just curious because I know of a stainless steel one with zetec engine that has just been weighed for IVA at 620kgs.

I was hoping that the zero would be a fair bit lighter than this.

Rgds,

Jason

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jasonmorris

I've seen the weight on the iva sheet and it definately says 695kgs and the tester weighed 75kgs. This one was in stainless. But had no windscreen etc... If GBS are correct this means the stainless weighs an extra 100kgs over the ally, does this sound correct?

I was hoping for my minimalist ally zero with pinto to come in around 560-580kgs

Jason

I'm hoping for a sub 500kg build with mine?? if it comes in at nearer 600kg it'll be going on a very strict diet pronto!

As a rough guide, alluminium is approx 3.5 times lighter than St/St by mass.

HTH,

Nick.

And aluminium is one "l" of a lot lighter still!! Footsteps stage left, to stand in corner :rolleyes:

:acute: :acute: :acute: :acute: :acute: :acute: :acute:

Now that was very, very funny and very well thought out Mr Metal Works! :drinks:

I WILL get even one day, i WILL, i WILL, i WILL!! pmsl.

You've got to hand it to him Nick, that was very clever,,,,, :clapping:

I did hand it too him... look up chap! 8)

And your right, it was pure genius.

It's just a shame Mr Metal Works user name doesn't start with a capital letter. :db:

P.S... and yours Mr Bell while we're on it. ;)

Guest dinger

I did hand it too him... look up chap! 8)

And your right, it was pure genius.

It's just a shame Mr Metal Works user name doesn't start with a capital letter. :db:

P.S... and yours Mr Bell while we're on it. ;)

Thats because we are not as impotent as you,,

should we take this to the hookering thread? sorry to hijack, Lol

Guest jasonmorris

From what I can remember there is a section on the iva paperwork for vehicle weight. This was measured with the tester on board at 695 and he weighed 75. What else can this mean apart from the vehicle weight has t be 620kgs. Am I missing something here?

Jason

Guest dinger

From what I can remember there is a section on the iva paperwork for vehicle weight. This was measured with the tester on board at 695 and he weighed 75. What else can this mean apart from the vehicle weight has t be 620kgs. Am I missing something here?

Jason

If it is for kerb weight then it will be measured "wet" (full tank of fuel and all oils/fluids at correct levels) and without driver or passengers,

Then you will have a maximum design weight which will be the heaviest the vehicle can be safely, ( passengers and luggage etc ) Also may be a maximum tow weight,

The tester should'nt write down a weight with him sitting in it,