Telephone Number Tracking System

Guest vacinc

surely the point of this sub forum is to get the junk, so that it doesn't get posted into general chat? If it's rude, or whatever, lets put a NSFW tag in the topic title (Not Safe For Work), so people can see immediately if they want to click... or not! (like you suggest).

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grim, that is a good suggestion and a good start. We are discussing it on the moderator's forum, but as ever, it is Mat's decision. I have suggested it be added to the posting rules.

Personally, I always thought that this forum would be a magnet for junk. I would just like to see a bit less of it, is all. After all, it is a site for discussion about our favourite cars.

Sorry; I didn't meant to jump down your throat there, Tom.

...and incidentally, the link to the video about the student making coffee for his parents... that one really was funny!

I find that one offensive to students, please remove :lol: :unknw:

Mitch B)

its worth considering that off topic stuff, may actually be the component that makes the board so successful;

Much of the literature on "Communities of Practice" suggest that Online Communities should, "consciously allow social interaction and non-business exchanges (even make a “space” for it). Only 20 percent of the OLCs we surveyed had no social component whatsoever. A third (33 percent) explicitly encouraged social interaction. Keep in mind that socializing may be part of the glue that holds the OLC together. After all, we socialize and talk about personal matters “in place,” why not “in space”?

its worth considering that off topic stuff, may actually be the component that makes the board so successful;

Much of the literature on "Communities of Practice" suggest that Online Communities should, "consciously allow social interaction and non-business exchanges (even make a “space” for it). Only 20 percent of the OLCs we surveyed had no social component whatsoever. A third (33 percent) explicitly encouraged social interaction. Keep in mind that socializing may be part of the glue that holds the OLC together. After all, we socialize and talk about personal matters “in place,” why not “in space”?

Exactly! But at the same time, the dicsussion has now shifted towards, highlighting threads that may be not suitable for the workspace (e.g. the link in this thread ended up with 2 people bonking on the screen, fine with some bosses, but could cause real issues for others).

For example NSFW, could be one, but I'm thinking that maybe we should just put a rating at the front if needed e.g. [13+] etc.? Thoguths welcome to make the board a better place.

Guest chris brown
But surely you should not be playing with your toys at work.

Dave

My thoughts exactly Dave I’ve never worked anywhere that allowed you to do your own thing in work time

Guest tom2b

I know your not meant to at work but i feel entitle to the odd browse every now and again to keep me sane....................when the cats away the mice play!

rating at the front if needed e.g. [13+]

I don't remember doing that position at 13 :D

I say, keep the smutt comming and keep your thum on the ALT and 1st finger on the TAB, keep some work stuff maximised to switch to B). If you're worried then don't follow the links.

Wouldn't the day be boring without them, thanks Vacine :D

Guest salty_monk

I'm with Chris & Guy, if you're likely to get in trouble don't go there. This part of the Forum is already a section apart from the technical & others why do we need more??

Don't view the humour section at work if it's going to cause problems, it's simple!

Let me tell you a story this remind me of.... I went to a Christmas party in California last year, a customer's. They have a factory & thus lots of lower paid workers etc.

The party was in the middle of the day & completely DRY! Not a drink in sight. When I asked about this the answer was "oh we used to do that but the problem now is if any of these guys drink too much & get done for drunk driving or crash they can sue us for supplying them the drink!" CRAZY, the nanny state litigating themselves out of a Christmas knees up!!

People have to take responsibility for their own actions....

Can we have the link re-instated so I can at least take a look at what the fuss is about :lol:

Dan :)

Can we have the link re-instated so I can at least take a look at what the fuss is about

OK, ok, ask vacinc, as I didn't note it down when I removed it. Maybe I've been a bit heavy handed on this one but at least we are having a good discussion on what the Community feels is acceptable posting, which I can learn from.

Thanks

JonB

Guest vacinc
OK, ok, ask vacinc, as I didn't note it down when I removed it. Maybe I've been a bit heavy handed on this one but at least we are having a good discussion on what the Community feels is acceptable posting, which I can learn from.

Thanks

im not playing anymore, so there ?

Edited by vacinc