Brown Trouser Moments

nicko

Hi all, I've just seen an incident on the way home that made me smile, and wondered if anyone else had anything to share that may raise a smile or an eyebrow.

I was approaching a roundabout when I saw a MGF giving it some, entering the roundabout from my right and intending to go straight on. I thought he was either brave or stupid.... But the way he did a 180 and mounted the kerb backwards made me think the latter.

Luckily no one was in his way, and the only damage was probably to his underwear, and his pride.

If anyone has a story where lack of skill or concentration, has injured nothing but pride, it may amuse others, or remind us all to concentrate.

Nick

I saw what i can only assume was road rage couple of days ago, A1 near doncaster vw passat in the inside lane being a tw*t on his brakes to the 17ton lorry behind him the passat stopped dead from about 50mph (nothing what so ever in front of him) the lorry spanked him big time passat was about 2ft shorter afterwards i was right next to the lorry when he hit him....

Glad the truck didn't swerve into me !

I had a brown trouser one day driving to work one early morning on the M11. A sensed a dark shadow coming towards me then a hail of gravel I hit the brakes and swerved in to the left lane. A Toyota Celica had jumped the central crash barrier and landed on all 4 wheels in front of us I missed it by inches the Volvo next to me just clipped the bumper. I made it to the hard shoulder and ran back. The police rushing down the hard shoulder nearly ran in to my car. No one injured thank god. With the police saying another jumper, as if it happens quite a lot.

I just thanked god.

Stephen

Guest Angel Boy

I saw what i can only assume was road rage couple of days ago, A1 near doncaster vw passat in the inside lane being a tw*t on his brakes to the 17ton lorry behind him the passat stopped dead from about 50mph (nothing what so ever in front of him) the lorry spanked him big time passat was about 2ft shorter afterwards i was right next to the lorry when he hit him....

Glad the truck didn't swerve into me !

Sorry off topic and I'm not a trucker but have a great respect in what they do so I hope the t**t in the Passat gets nailed!

Hi all, I've just seen an incident on the way home that made me smile, and wondered if anyone else had anything to share that may raise a smile or an eyebrow.

I was approaching a roundabout when I saw a MGF giving it some, entering the roundabout from my right and intending to go straight on. I thought he was either brave or stupid.... But the way he did a 180 and mounted the kerb backwards made me think the latter.

Luckily no one was in his way, and the only damage was probably to his underwear, and his pride.

If anyone has a story where lack of skill or concentration, has injured nothing but pride, it may amuse others, or remind us all to concentrate.

Nick

As a new MGF owner (1997 vintage not the new one) this made me chuckle. Not had any yet, but can see when the weather starts turning up here, I can see some black ice spots causing some need fresh underwear moments. I know they did last year in the tintop front wheel drive. Not sure how the same moments will be in a mid engined year wheel jobbie!!

Andy

the best ive ever seen is when i was behind a tractor. There was a layby on the left which had 2 entrances quite far apart so the clever chap behind me thought he would shoot into the layby and out in front of me and the tractor.

What he didn't count on was the even crazier chap behind him who decided to take me and the tractor on the outside, up over the relatively blind hill (with an oncoming car to make it even more fun)but it was by pure chance that the 2 managed not to smash into each other as they both came in from different sides neither thinking anyone would be there!!! they were sooo close!

About 30 secs later the tractor indicated and turned off so for the sake of waiting 30secs there could have been a 3 car pile up as the 2 colliding would no doubt have then caused the oncoming car to hit them as well.

Guest Christine

As a new MGF owner (1997 vintage not the new one) this made me chuckle. Not had any yet, but can see when the weather starts turning up here, I can see some black ice spots causing some need fresh underwear moments. I know they did last year in the tintop front wheel drive. Not sure how the same moments will be in a mid engined year wheel jobbie!!

Andy

Believe me when they go they go quite quickly! and I dont mean in a straight line.

Edited by Garry

I've had a few good brown trouser moments in my time! The one that sticks out was within a few months of buying my car, was accelerating firmly in the wet on a deserted near straight dual carrigeway, when at about 60mph the back end suddenly kicked out to the left. I still have the vision of the crash barriers looming in front of me!

Knowing there were no barriers to my left, I grabbed a handful of opposite lock and span out in the opposite direction, wildly mashing any pedal in an attempt to lock up so that I didn't roll into anything when I regained grip. Eventually found the brake, and skidded to a halt having done 270° and facing the central reservation again.

After regaining some composure, I set off, to find my throttle pedal now only had about half an inch of travel before it hit the floor, but that was enough for me. Pootled home at no more than 30mph, and drank some beer!

It scared me that badly, that I didn't feel right for 3 days afterwards - I think I barely spoke! :ph34r:

What surprised me was how it was possible to lose the back end at 60mph with just a standard pinto in. The only thing I could think of was having slightly uneven tyre wear of the rear with an LSD, so I’ve made sure I’ve always had a matching pair since. It also taught me a lot of respect!

Guest mower man

Had a similar exp exiting a local r/bout just got straight pushed a little power in got 2 x 360's up the white line luckily no following traffic ,pulled up at the next layby and had 2 cigars and drove home very quietly later found out there had been a deisel spill mower man :shok: :bad:

I don't know what caused it but a few weeks ago in the early morning, I was on the back road to Guildford (not far from Dunsfold) when I saw a brand spanking new shiny black Porsche 911 with it's nearly new tyres pointing neatly skywards and both doors wide open on a grass patch on the inside of a bend.

There was nobody around and I was quite surprised that the doors were left wide open. As soon as my good samaritan gene had been checked, I was tempted to see if the seats were any good for the Zero, but they were red leather and I decided they would clash with my colour scheme, so I left it alone! Once a Mancunian ..... 8)

I reckon that whoever was driving it had probably left a pretty wide tiger stripe on the red leather anyway!! :spiteful:

Whatever caused it, I bet it was a fairly dear fix ..... !

Sharky

Keeps you warm for a while though,Dan
Like peeing in your wetsuit when surfing in the winter.

My most unpleasant moment was following a Clio up the fast lane of the M5 going north approaching Strensham services. Lady driving was either drunk or falling asleep. Wandering from lane to lane and varying her speed. I gave her a couple of toots to try and wake her to no effect. I thought I will drop back into middle lane and she can have her accident with someone other than me. As soon as I vacated the fast lane a couple of cars jumped onto her bumper. Couple of minutes later she veered left at 90 degrees, missing everyone and rolled off the motorway into a field in a cloud of dust. As she was doing 70 she would have been lucky to walk away in one piece. I always reprise the memory when I drive that bit of road and wonder if she made it OK.

Nigel

Guest cerioli_83

In my 2b (2ltr Pinto, turbo, cossie injectirs... Etc) i had a M3 drop top, roof down lound nigga rap 2 black guys in front and 2 black girls in back, come up inside on approach to round about, basically drove through me at speed. So teddy out pram i booted it around this round about and ended up with my girlfriend screaming as we were sideways around the round about, pulled though and off at the exit i wanted just perfect. As if a scene in the next bond movie... And the BMW now behind me.