Support Our Troops

My parents in law as well as myself have and will be sending 'shoe boxes for our troops'. This is the info i was sent from one of the parents of one of the troops.

'Make sure your parcels are 2kg and under as these are free to send, also some post offices like you to write what is in the parcel.

The parcels can take up to 3 weeks to get there'

Some things that have been sent.

wet wipes

toothpaste

deodorant (roll on no aerosol)

pot noodles

tuna (plenty apparently)

any tinned meat

coffee

tea bags

boxer shorts

insect repellent

books

magazines

newspapers

puzzle books

basically camping food and entertainment. no liquids or aerosols it all goes on a plane remember.

The address we were given is

Royal welsh A company

Camp Bastion

op Herrick 11

bfpo 792

Welfare box for all.

I am sure there are other companies of troops out there to send to. Why the army don't provide the above i don't know. But the boys really appreciate and look forward to the parcels, at least it means someone hasn't forgot them.

Guest The Modfather
dont mean to be a downer and probably will occur some wrath but hopefully you'll see my point. i'm all for supporting our army but i'm not sure sounding your horn is the best way of doing that. When driving a vehicle its best to concentrate on doing that, not diverting others attention from also driving. Last thing anyone wants is to cause an accident. Just a thought, sorry for being all health and safety but you drive a hood for long enough you realise how small (and squishy) you are ;)

:wacko: ??????????????????????????????? :wacko: If tooting your horn causes you to lose concentration, should you be driving, let alone driving something as small as a Hood? Besides, if you are driving your hood, you could just hold your hand up and give a thumbs up, oh, but you'll need to take your hand off the wheel. If someone tooting a horn causes anyone to lose concentration, perhaps they shouldn't be driving, as you should know what is around you at all times and be spacially aware.

Sorry, I don't see your point. And, having the kind of driving experience and expertise that I have, I think I know the possible dangers of driving a low slung vehicle, hence why I drive wearing a crash helmet, do you?

hi,

certainly didn't mean any offence. But iam surprised that you can't at least see some small sense in what i was saying, especially as you are a police officer and must have to deal with many horrible RTA's (certainly don't envy you that and respect what you do).

Surely the point of the horn is to raise awareness of some danger or issue, not to show support or beep at your mate in the street or 'toot if iam hot' or anything else. Iam just not sure advising people to beep at passing lorries is a good thing (even if its a good cause). A lorry could think something is wrong with their load, or that they are missing something in their mirrors thus taking their concentration off what they are doing. My mum if she was in front would wonder for miles why the car behind was beeping and whether there was something wrong.

I certainly don't want this be to some crazy argument, just hope you can kind of see what i mean. We'll have to agree to disagree ;)

No i don't wear a crash helmet it will limit you vision and make you a danger to other road users ! ( :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D seriously only joking!)