St170 Engine Ecu Etc

Guest SteH

Guest mark little

I'm running a 2litre zetec silver top with jenveys at the moment with an mt 75 gearbox and omega ecu. Do you know what would be required to change to the st170

Cheers Mark

ST170 is essentially a black top zetec with the variable valve timing added plus a stronger bottom end, so it's pretty close to being a straight swap. Depending what sump you have, you will probably need some extra bits to correctly fit it to the ST170. The jenveys and MT75 will go straight on as far as I know. You'll need a way to control the vvt, which can either be a switch on/off from the ecu but better would be proper control of the vvt which I understand would see you get to 190+bhp easily. Motorsport Electronics do a controller which they claim will piggyback on to any ecu. I think your exhaust should be ok, you may need a slightly different arrangement for the alternator and water pump drives. I believe the engine mounts are very close to being the same and might just need mounting holes opening up a little.

Hope that helps.

Slight mod to alternator bracket. Opening up the head end of the inlet manifold ports. Sump mods. Opening up the exhaust ports in the exhaust manifold. The inlet and exhaust ports on the ST head are quite a bit bigger than the silvertop ports. Might need to do some ovalising of the engine mount holes. New idler pulley and mount to reverse water pump drive. (Can't change the water pump on the blacktop and ST like you can on the silvertop.)

All pretty minor changes. Plus a new map in the omex? ecu.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder