Stoneleigh

Guest Danielle Clare Shelton

Guest petelee

Great show of Robin Hoods, but what a terrible show if you wanted to shop for spare parts and accessories! Where were all the usual trade stands? Probably only 25% of the usual number of sellers!

Came for a few hours on Monday - before the deluge. I know the weather will have put many off but I have been going to Stoneleigh for the last 12 years and never recall there being so few trade stands and such a small number of Robin Hoods. Great effort by the Club and volunteers/Committee though so thanks for your efforts.

Still managed to find all the bits and bobs I wanted, and got a few bargains from what I think was a new stand, selling drill bits etc (restocked all my cobalts!). I cannot see how CBS will have achieved much from the weekend - only a handful of customers chatting to their people when I recall having to queue 2 or 3 deep to buy stuff there when they had all their stock with them in that outside pitch/marquee!

Club car numbers were down across the board too. We stayed for 3 hours and pretty much saw all we wanted. The weather was dodgy of course, but I think it was a sad and damning indictment of the industry in these austere times. Did have a really interesting chat with the owner and builder of the 'F4' (kit car based on a Phantom cockpit replica) ... absolutely bonkers!