Iva Pass....

Tazzzzman1

Hi,

Chuffed to bits, took my Roadrunner Sr2 to Beverley test station today and got a 1st time pass... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Inspector was well impressed with the car and managed to rattle through it in less than 2hrs

Apart from a minor issue with the rear fog light wiring and lens (had to borrow/ remove a lens from Mike at roadrunners camper van which had the correct "F" mark, even though mine had the "E" markings), also had to mod the wiring to the fog light as they were coming on with side lights as well as dip and main.

Managed to get them sorted and all ready for the pass..................or so we thought

Note the following was found out after the IVA test had been completed..... :aggressive:

DVLA has struck again. Turns out that the DVLA had registered the test as a "Voluntary" which is not any good for registering a vehicle. We needed the "Statutory" test instead. Basically the same test but £50 cheaper than the voluntary.....

The test inspector informed (after consultation with the DVLA) us he would have to fail the car because of this and that we would need to resubmit for a new test and pay the full amount again. WTF!!!!!!! :diablo:

After much argument and the fortunate fact that Mike from Roadrunner had the invoice from the DVLA stating the correct test and costs, the nice VOSA man consented to change the test to the correct one for a pass. However he needed the correct form to do this......guess what?

VOSA test station does not keep copies of the forms, so we asked for them to print one off......"sorry sir, we don't have the ability to do this here"........WTF? :diablo: :crazy:

So big thanks to Mike who got his wife doing a 60 mile round trip with correct forms in hand. Filled these out and re-submitted, all to keep Mr DVLA happy :80:

After checking, the only difference on the form is the words in the title..."Voluntary" & "Statutory". What an absolute load of *bleep*s.

Thankfully the inspector from VOSA was really helpful and did not have a good word to say about the DVLA bureauocratic idiots

Any way rant over about the DVLA plonkers for now. As I still need to get the car registered.

Really pleased and can't wait to get the car on the road. Big thanks to the S Yorks crew for the help and assistance over the past months, Mark, Andy, Rob, Nick and anyone else I have forgot to mention..... :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Hopefully I shall be terrorising the roads again soon. :diablo:

Heres a piccie of the car at the testpost-2721-0-16312700-1344616535_thumb.jpg 8)

Me too Dan,

Been a year now without a Kit................a long time and I'm hankering after a blat.

Just a waiting game now for the DVLA bods to get their thumbs out of their back side and get me my registration sorted.

Think a beer or 3 may be in order tonight :drinks:

Copies, and scans taken, in triplicate!!

Thanks for the help yesterday Andy. Thankfully managed to sort out the wiring with a bit of assistance to get the wiring to operate "temporarily" from 1 solenoid.

Should get the car back sometime next week and will try to get the DVLA build up inspection sorted also.

Not long now I hope :clapping: :clapping:

Guest mower man

Great result Terry in the face of beurocracy [ it's a good job that these people are not at the top of the s--- pile in goverment] get some miles on it and enjoy big style!!!!!!! :clapping: mick