Rivet Gun Recommendations

theduck

My rivet gun has died and gone to tools heaven, so I need a replacement. I have a lot of riveting to do and so the standard type you are everywhere like this seems to be out

41NF2rwKtyL.jpg

Without going all the way to an expensive air or electric riveter the other options Ive seen are these

A drill attachment

889294028_198.jpg

Or these lazy tong ones

Lazy-Tong-Riveter_3.jpg

Anyone any feedback on either of those types? Particularly the drill attachment as that looks like it will be nice and easy on the arms!

Have no idea on the drill attachment Stuart, the lazy tongs are great for reducing effort but need a lot of free air in which to operate & the joints become slack very quickly if not frequently oiled.

Stanley used to do a good hand op. riveter with an adjustable nose, it could be swung through 90* so assisted access, was 13 years ago so may not still be on the market.

Edited by florin metal works

Stanley used to do a good hand op. riveter with an adjustable nose, it could be swung through 90* so assisted access, was 13 years ago so may not still be on the market.

Still available, I've got one and it's good. It'll do up to 4.0mm stailess rivets but won't do 4.8mm ones even though it's got the nose for them. I've given mine some fair abuse and it's still ok.