New Year --New Meets

fry61

Hi all, trust you are enjoying your Christmas/New Year Holidays & are busy when time allows preparing your cars for the coming 2017 trips.

To this end please post your ideas for our forth-coming trips/meetings.

What do the members want? Evening meets at local pub -- week-end meets for drink & a meal -- week-end meets which go to different attractions???

More ideas welcomed -- please voice your opinion on what YOU would like to do/where to go in 2017 ------------- it's just around the corner & will soon fly by if we don't plan ahead.

O.K so planning ahead is difficult -- but at least try -- you may be surprised at your inventiveness.

Just to add -- this post was primarily aimed at Hants & Dorset members for suggestions for our monthly meets, although all ideas welcomed as they may help your own area or blossom into a larger meet.

post-3135-0-22612900-1483035120_thumb.jpg

Time flies

Edited by florin metal works

Burghley House, Stamford does themed 'car days'; in the past they've done Rolls, Aston Martin etc.....and they have had quite big turnouts! How about I ask if they would welcome a kit car 7 themed day?

It's a cracking setting, with the Elizabethan house and Capability Brown gardens as a back drop?

.....might even get some of the car companies come along!?!

Guest lotusPaul

I can't see any events beyond 2016.ill keep you posted but I think it every 2 months. A bit of a trek from Salisbury but you can always stop at mine for a break.

As for other events in the South I'd need to do a bit of digging and post as I find.

Guest lotusPaul

Yes Bob.

But it's Gosport not quite as posh as Portsmouth. In fact I'm not too far away from the Titchfield Mill pub. I remember nippy Nick saying your group had visited it.

I'm about half hour from Goodwood myself.

Went there once, poor Nick had a job on coping with the temperature of the blazing log fire, spoke to him a few days ago just after his op; so trust that's cured.

We know the area best a bit further east,Port Solent; where we sailed from on a few trips. We were crew on board, our tee shirts read " Self Propelled Ballast"

Guest lotusPaul

well as you pass spinner tower,on the left, my yacht club is up the river on right. So it takes 5mins to get to the Solent. I know port Solent very well.

I race j109/111s and x332's. In fact anything I can get on board.