Fuel Pump Set Up - Will This Work

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

Im trying to get rid of the external swirlpot and external fuel pump / facet LP pump.

Used the mounting plate from an MX-5 with two holes for hanger rods sealed at either side with copper washers, along with the plastic swirl pot assembly from a Range Rover v8

2253_E124-738_F-4_CE2-_A052-_B487_CF734_

B8_BE52_D8-_E39_D-44_B9-_B98_E-96920_CF4

F8230_A25-86_B4-41_FA-_B839-90_D4_E14_C7

Spring mounted so it will sit hard against the bottom of my non baffled tank

All I need now is the electrical plug from an mx5 which plugs into the top plate.

Can't see why it wouldn't? No different to what most manufacturers have in their tanks to combat fuel surge. Just remember to plumb the pick up and returns the right way round :). I take it all the earthing requirements of the original are honoured (if there was any)...

Guest mcramsay

I have still got a bit of fiddling to do but hopefully it should just be a case of cutting a hole in the tank and chucking it in.

There were no earthing straps on the original to worry about. All I done was remove the fuel sender element.

The MX 5 was the only on tank fuel pump I could find with a metal mounting plate with two pipes coming through which could be bolted to the top of a fuel tank, rather than having a welded boss fitted to the tank etc.

I have already marked up the mounting plate showing Inlet and outlet as know I will forget.

So Boxing Day the rear end of the car comes apart to get to the fuel tank... what fun