Stamford Car Show 2016

alanrichey

The 2016 Stamford Car Show will take place on Sunday 28th August this year. Anyone who has attended previously will automatically get an invitation (Mine just arrived) but anyone else will need to visit the website www.stamfordcarshow.co.uk

The reason for posting this now is that this show is limited to 500 cars and it fills up FAST. In particular, last year quite a few people could not register for the run out as that fills up within a few weeks.

Could I also repeat a plea I made last year, and that is please do not register unless you really intend to go. At least 3 people registered last year and did not turn up, which not only meant that other people could not attend with their cars, but also embarrassed me as the nominated RHOCar coordinator.

Guest Ian & Carole

The 2016 Stamford Car Show will take place on Sunday 28th August this year. Anyone who has attended previously will automatically get an invitation (Mine just arrived) but anyone else will need to visit the website www.stamfordcarshow.co.uk

The reason for posting this now is that this show is limited to 500 cars and it fills up FAST. In particular, last year quite a few people could not register for the run out as that fills up within a few weeks.

Could I also repeat a plea I made last year, and that is please do not register unless you really intend to go. At least 3 people registered last year and did not turn up, which not only meant that other people could not attend with their cars, but also embarrassed me as the nominated RHOCar coordinator.

I contacted them twice to let them know that we wouldn't be attending and never heard back from them, if I was one of the 3.

Received my invitation today and accepted. I may have been 1 of the 3 not to turn up last year as I thought my application had been rejected. Will be there all being well.

Not you Dave, as I recall we had early notice of yours and we gave it to someone else ?

But that raises a valid point that is worth re-iterating. Please read the reply carefully. Dave was one of a couple who were rejected for the run out, and thought that meant the whole thing. But being rejected for the run out does NOT mean you are rejected for the Show. 500 Cars allowed in the Show but only 30 are allowed on the run out.

Guest Richard7

I also got my personal invite today as well and immediately registered. I also ensured the club drop down menu was for RHOCAR. It is a fabulous show and look forward to seeing you all there.

Guest 2b cruising

Allen, I have received my invite but unfortunately will not be registering this year as I don't want to spoil someone else's chances.

If the weather is good I will probably come as a spectator.

What do I do with my invite. Do I forward it to yourself so you can pass it on, or do I return it until led back to them.

Yes I was one last year. Unfortunately my life is fouled by the weather.

I might enjoy a good drive and a nice day out but if I get wet for any length of time, that would be me in bed keeping my temperature down with a/biotics. This is why I say I will go as a spectator if the weather allows it.

Hope whoever goes enjoys the day.

Ken.

I went last year but I have not had an invite

I think that was because you were the one that took Dave's entry.

Try registering now as a new entry, that way you will get on the database for future years. Let me know if you have problems as I also have a spare registration code.

Edited by alanrichey

Allen, I have received my invite but unfortunately will not be registering this year as I don't want to spoil someone else's chances.

What do I do with my invite. Do I forward it to yourself so you can pass it on, or do I return it until led back to them.

I would reply and select the "cannot come" option. I think that means you stay on the database and will get an invite next year.