Premier Wiring Sierra Based Loom

jaimo

Just started to change fuseboxes on pws loom as need more the ignition live ha

1.non fused supply from side lights switch through fuse then on too light

2.ignition live supply with then through 2 fuses goes to wiper reverse etc and anorther to brake switch indicator switch etc

But off the ign supply side so non fused power is a black wire has anyone got any idea what this is as doesnt mention it in instructions thanks

• 2 weeks later...

How does the alternator get wired its standard pinto with 3 conections

1. Goes to battery or starter cable

And i got a wire that says charge light in premier loom so got 2 wires what is the 3rd and what goes where thanks

Thanks richard mines a lucas

Does the charge light wire in the premier loom supply the ignition live required or do i need to run a new wire just asking cause would of thought it would be already in loom

The dash light gives 12 volt to the alternator to start it supplying power ( when engine running) as soon as there is output from the alternator the dash light goes out because there is now 12 volt positive on each side of the lamp . ( No potential difference = no light ) The dash light must remain a tungsten filament lamp to supply enough current to excite the alternator--- an LED will not ,unless it has a resistor in parallel to supply current.

Does that help --- hope so.

That sorts it bob thats what i thought and looked into the orther 2 wires both go to battery to charge but premier loom only mentions 1 it must be to split the power to battery between 2 wires so always charging if 1 goes down and to split power to help aid that happening thats what was throwing me thanks guys