Bike Carb Manifold Vacuum Take-Off/tank

agent_zed

Hi,

just working my way through a load of jobs on the 2b and trying to push on and get my bike carbs on there.

I'm just finishing up the manifold and thinking about vacuum take offs. I definitely need them as i have servo and vac advance on the carb and ideally want to vent the crankcase back into the engine.

So my plan is to make a simple vacuum chamber. I was going to use mig tips (6mm thread) and centre drill them out to 4mm. Will this be enough?

The chamber will then have a take off for the servo and vac advance.

The other thing i am not sure about it how to vent the crankcase back into the manifold. Can i vent into this chamber? or will that remove any vacuum created? Do i need a direct vent into one of the runners?

I don't really want to run without a servo as i am used to the setup after 10years :)

any advice appreciated.

cool. What did you use for the connections to the manifold? will 3.5/4mm holes for each be enough of a vacuum?

can i add the crankcase vent into this? i still run with the ford stock setup with the valve thingy from the crankcase and then pipe into manifold.

cool thanks. I happen to have some 22mm stainless pipe which i might use and weld up the ends, Mostly so it all looks the same :) alternatively i wondered about using some 2 inch stainless tube i have and making a 6inch container (just weld a cap top and bottom) which could have a flange on to bolt to the block as there are 2 bolt holes unused near the front of the engine (pinto).

I'll see what fittings i've got kicking around that fit the pipes from servo etc :)

thanks