2B Sliding Pillar Gbs Wishbone Conversion Kit Plus Other Parts

Guest SteH

Hi All

1. I have for sale a complete wishbone conversion kit for the sliding pillar model 2B. This is the kit produced by GBS which they sell for approx £350.

The main down side to the kit I have is that it has already been fitted to a chassis.

I intend to either sell the kit with a free chassis attached, or cut the front of the chassis off with all appropriate brackets still attached and post it to you for you to grind the required brackets off to re-weld on to your chassis.

Included would be:

2 x upper wishbones

2 x lower wishbones

2 x top ball joints

2 x bottom ball joints

2 x dummy struts (the tube that slots into the hubs)

All brackets and the 2 cross members (these will need grinding off the existing chassis parts to re-weld onto your own)

All bushes/crush tubes and bolts.

Hubs NOT included.

Non of this has ever been used on the road.

£150 for the above. Either just the kit as described or with free chassis. You would need a van or trailer to collect the chassis. Delivery in the UK of just the kit parts would be an extra £20.

2. Pair of GAZ coilover shocks complete with the springs suitable for the front of a 2B with the above conversion. These shocks have been fitted but never used on the road. They do however have some light corrosion from being stored for a few years in a barn. £100. UK delivery extra £10.

3. Steering rack which has been extended for the above wishbone conversion including TRE's for Sierra hubs. It is a Metro rack and will come complete with the lower steering shaft. This has never been used on the road. £40. UK delivery extra £10.

All of these parts require cleaning up or painting etc. Collection possible near St.Helens - North West. Message me for any further info.

Please see pictures below.

IMG_2833_zpsnepeo8js.jpg

IMG_2835_zpsl2uy3zlk.jpg

IMG_2836_zpssasosu9q.jpg

20cb5878-3792-486e-a108-073aad34b0eb_zpsjikh9fo0.jpg

Guest 1051paul

Hi, will the hubs I have on my sliding pillar fit this kit? I was looking at taking my car to GBS to get them to fit the kit and they said about new hubs.

Guest 2b cruising

These pictured are not the same as the ones GBS now fit.

The new ones have a much better castor angle on them, making handling so much better.

Can't remember who said it on here last week. They said best money ever spent.

The DIY kit is just over £200. This does not include hubs, or hub carriers. It does include dummy uprights and wing stays.

Nothing too technical just getting the whole geometry sorted.

I did John Heatheringtons last week and the only bit of messing about was a bit of re-shaping of wing stays to fit Johns cycle wings.

I even added a couple of brackets to use the original mounting holes.

My car was in GBS for accident repairs so asked them to do mine while they were waiting for the body parts.

Guest Ian Maycock

Hi, will the hubs I have on my sliding pillar fit this kit? I was looking at taking my car to GBS to get them to fit the kit and they said about new hubs.

No they won't. On the sliding Pillar the bottom part of the hub where the ball joint fits is cut away to allow the pillar to connect with the bottom part of the chassis. You will need another set of hubs.

These pictured are not the same as the ones GBS now fit.

The new ones have a much better castor angle on them, making handling so much better.

Can't remember who said it on here last week. They said best money ever spent.

The DIY kit is just over £200. This does not include hubs, or hub carriers. It does include dummy uprights and wing stays.

Nothing too technical just getting the whole geometry sorted.

2b cruising - I think you might be mistaken as to what this is. You seem to be talking about the handling pack that GBS sell to improve the handling of the standard double wishbone 2B model. See http://www.kitspares.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=43_40&product_id=540&car=43

What I have here is the kit which converts the sliding pillar chassis to double wishbones. It is approx £350 from GBS and also requires coil over shocks which the sliding pillar doesn't have plus extensions to the steering rack. As pointed out above, the hubs from a sliding pillar will also need to be replaced during the conversion. I am lead to believe that the resulting geometry, assuming it is welded on in the right place, is similar to a wishbone 2B with the handling pack added.

Hi, I need to clear my garage out, so at the weekend I have actually cut the front section of the chassis off complete with all of the wishbone brackets. The rest of the chassis is now cut up into smaller pieces!

So I now have for sale:

1 x Front section of chassis with brackets and cross members for wishbones still attached (these will need grinding off the existing chassis parts to re-weld onto your own)

2 x upper wishbones
2 x lower wishbones
2 x top ball joints
2 x bottom ball joints
2 x dummy struts (the tube that slots into the hubs)
All bushes/crush tubes and bolts.

£150 for the above UK delivery extra £20.

2. Pair of GAZ coilover shocks complete with the springs suitable for the front of a 2B with the above conversion. These shocks have been fitted but never used on the road. They do however have some light corrosion from being stored for a few years in a barn. £100. UK delivery extra £10.

3. Steering rack which has been extended for the above wishbone conversion including TRE's for Sierra hubs. It is a Metro rack and will come complete with the lower steering shaft. This has never been used on the road. £40.UK delivery extra £10.

4. Pair of clean usable sierra front hubs - unmodified £75 UK delivery extra £10.

All of these parts require cleaning up or painting etc. Collection possible near St.Helens - North West. Message me for any further info.

All of the above £325 ? UK delivery probably an extra £25.