Iva Tomorrow

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

So 3 years to the month of receiving the Marlin sportster kit, it's going for iva tomorrow. I already know it's going to be a fail tomorrow due to the emissions, but I'm hoping everything else will be ok. Marlin are taking the car for me and have had it the last week to look over. They have been impressed with the build and have only had to raise the headlights and set the tracking up for me.

They have their exhaust man custom making a new system for me and altering the manifold to give more clearance and put a decent cat in the correct place. This should sort the emissions out. I had a look on the ecu and read the live readings and everything is doing as it should and lambda sensors are reading the correct value on the ecu with no massive short fuel term trims being applied which indicates it's not trying to compensate for any air leaks etc. Exhaust won't be ready till next week but I figured it's worth having the test tomorrow anyway just to make sure I can get anything else sorted in time for the retest!

Guest mcramsay

So the marlin failed om the following

Wing mirror angle of visibility- they need raising on the scuttle to see on of the target lines easy fix!

Speedo was 2 mph out on the tolerance.

Emissions as expected the emissions are out but as stated above this is being sorted, they tried to get some heat into the cats but had to abandon as the cooling fan did not switch on! Really annoying but a simple fix, a cable has come loose somewhere I expect!

Guest 2b cruising

That is a good overall result.

As you stated earlier you were expecting a fail anyway.

The two very minor issues you didn't really expect to have are easy fixes.

Hope you can get a quick re-test.